97: Fights

AMELIAS POV
I was in the middle of a ongoing 4 hour craniotomy when my phone rang.
"Bohkee can you check who it is?" I asked as I reached for another scalpel.
"It's the elementary school," she said.
"Can you take a message?" I asked, "then scrub right back in."
"Sure thing Doctor Shepherd," she nodded and left. I continued working and she came back in scrubbed.
"So?" I asked.
"Well that was the school's principal because it appears that Noah got into a fight at recess today, and they are sending him home, do you want me to page doctor hunt?" She asked sympathetically.
"What the hell? Noah fighting? Anyway, yes, please page him here so I can just talk to him quickly," I said, "and thank you I appreciate it." She pages Owen and I continued working.
"Helm, suction please," I said.
"Here you are," she said.
"Thank you," I said.
"Amelia whats up?" I heard on the intercom.
"One second," I said.
"Okay," Owen said and patiently waited. I got the bleed under control and looked up at him.
"Can you pick Noah up from school?" I asked.
"Right now?" He asked. I nodded.
"Yeah, you know, I would but I'm kinda hands deep into a brain so could you do it?" I joked.
"Yes," he said, "what's the issue? Doesn't feel good?"
"Um no," I said, "he got into a fight at recess."
"What?" Owen said.
"I don't know," I shrugged, "I'm sorry I really have to finish this, can we talk later?"
"Yeah," Owen nodded.
"Thanks honey," I said.
"You're welcome," Owen said.
OWENS POV
Noah fighting in school? This wasn't like him at all. I walked into the school and I saw him sitting in a chair in the main office. He looked really upset and he had a few scrapes on him. What the hell happened? I walked in and he looked up and he looked so scared that I felt so bad.
"Hey buddy," I said, "I'm going to bring you home okay?" He nodded and got up and grabbed his backpack and stood next to me as I gave the secretary my ID and signed a few papers to sign him out. I saw the principal in the back talking to another boy. I walked outside with Noah and we got to the car and he climbed into the backseat.
"Why don't you sit up here so we can talk?" I asked. He nodded and climbed into the front seat and sat down next to me.
"So what happened?" I asked.
"They were being mean to her," Noah said.
"Who?" I said.
"Ellie," Noah said, "they were making fun of her because of-" but he cut himself off because he probably didn't know I knew about Ellie's crush.
"About who she likes?" I said. He nodded.
"I wanted to see Ellie at recess but when I was talking to her a group of kids came up to her and started being mean to her because she likes this other girl," Noah said, "So I told them to stop being mean to her and one of them pushed me, so I punched him."
"Well where did you punch him?" I asked.
"I didn't mean to hurt him daddy! I just wanted him to stop being a meanie to Ellie so I punched him in the face," Noah said.
"Don't tell your mother this but," I said and held my hand out for a high five. He smiled and gave me a high five.
"We're going to go get Ellie okay?" I said. He nodded.
"And, it would be irresponsible of me not to have this conversation with you, so Noah, violence isn't the answer, you should always try to work out your problems and not result to physical actions, but I'm proud of you for sticking up for your sister," I said.
"I know daddy I didn't mean to hurt him," Noah said, "he had to go to the nurse because I made his nose bleed."
"It's okay," I said, "just next time, maybe just walk away."
"Okay," he nodded, "I'm sorry."
"It's okay, you don't need to keep apologizing, now let's go get your sister," I said. We walked back in and I walked into the office.
"Mr.Hunt!" The principal said, "I hope you know Noah can't come back to school until tomorrow."
"I'm aware, I'm just picking up my daughter since it seems that you have let her classmates around her bully her and my son today. Considering he was bullying and harassing my daughter and then pushed my son down when Noah asked him to stop being mean, but I don't see him waiting here for his mom or dad to come pick him up, only Noah, even though this other boy started all the drama. I'm aware of Noah's unfair punishment, and this building's toleration for bullying, so therefore, I would like to pick up my daughter Eliana for early dismissal today," I said and handed the secretary my ID card again.
"I'll call her classroom," the secretary said.
"Thanks," I said. The principal looked mad but didn't say anything. A few moments later Ellie came in and saw Noah and I and smiled.
"Ellie were going to go home now okay?" I said.
"Okay," she nodded. We walked outside to the car and they both climbed in the backseat. How could the school not try to protect my kids as much as I want to?
KAMRYNS POV
"So Jenny's still sick?" I asked as I was walking down the hallway with Luke.
"Well yes, I talked to her this morning, you know, you always ask about Jenny when I'm around, do you not like my company?" Luke joked.
"Shut up," I said as I could feel my face turning red because I very much did like his company. He was my first kiss, I had no idea how to act around him.
"Hm, so you do like my company," he said as we got to his locker. The day was over and he was going to drive me home said.
"Yeah," I said, "I do."
"Is that so?" He said as he closed his locker.
"Yeah," I said. He smiled at me as he took a step closer to me and I could feel my heart beating quicker.
"Then you wouldn't mind if I did this would you?" He said and kissed me softly. He cupped my face and brought me close to him and it felt magical.
"I wouldn't," I smiled as he kissed me more. We walked out to his car and I was so happy, but also scared. He was Jenny's older brother. He pulled into my driveway and I smiled.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.
"I could see you at dinner tomorrow," he said, "you know, if you wanted to go on a date tomorrow at 7, with me as your personal chauffeur."
"I would like that," I smiled.
"Then it's a date," he said, "see you tomorrow."
"See you tomorrow," I said. I got out of the car and couldn't stop smiling. I unlocked the front door and to my surprise my dad and siblings were home. That was weird.
"Hey," I said confused.
"Hi," Ellie said. My dad came out of the kitchen with noah who had a few bandaids on his arm.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I punched a kid in the nose and his nose started bleeding," Noah said as he sat down on the couch.
"Um what?" I said as I followed my dad into the kitchen.
"He got into a fight with a kid at school because he was bullying Ellie," Dad said.
"Are you letting him think it's cool? You know you can't let him think that," I said.
"Kamryn, I already have to deal with your mother when she gets home, I don't need two of her," He chuckled.
"Dad you know I'm right," I said.
"I didn't say it was cool, I said violence was wrong and that shouldn't be the answer to his problems with people, but I'm happy he stood up for his sister," My dad said.
"Mom will be happy with that answer," I nodded.
"Good," he chuckled.
"Is it about Skyler?" I said.
"Who?" He said.
"Nothing," I said, maybe he didn't know Ellie was gay. I knew she told me she wanted to tell them, and Noah and I already knew.
"Is Skyler who she likes?" He asked. I nodded. So he did know.
"And who does Miss Kamryn like?" He said.
"Nobody," I said.
"Your smile coming and going out to Luke says different," he said.
"Look at you being observant," I chuckled.
"Happens sometimes," he said.