98: Mama Knows Best

AMELIAS POV
I was finally done with work and was driving home. I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Owen yet about what happened with Noah. I unlocked the front door and everyone was sitting in the living room watching TV.
"Hey," Owen said.
"Hey," I smiled as I walked over and pecked his lips.
"I want to talk to mom first," Kamryn said.
"No! I want to," Ellie pouted.
"Well I want to talk to your mother too," Owen chuckled.
"Oh is there a waiting list to talk to me?" I laughed, "Well I want to talk to Noah first."
"What no fair he's not in line," Kamryn said.
"You will all get your turn to talk to me," I chuckled, "Noah, bud lets go upstairs okay?"
"Okay mommy," he said quietly and we walked upstairs. We walked down the hallway and he sat down on his bed and I sat down next to him.
"So I just want you to tell me what happened," I said.
"I didn't mean to hurt him mommy, I'm sorry, he, he was being mean to Ellie," he said and started crying.
"What happened? Why was he being mean?" I asked, very much concluding that it was about her being gay.
"Because," he said, "do you know?" I nodded.
"He was being mean to her because Ellie likes one of his friends " Noah said, "I wanted to talk to Ellie at recess but I couldn't because he was being mean to her and saying mean things, I just wanted him to stop being mean so I asked him to stop and then he pushed me. I got mad at him so I punched him. I didn't mean to hurt him mommy I'm really sorry."
"Buddy," I said, "I know you wanted to protect your sister and stand up for her, and I'm proud that you did, but you can't punch people because you're angry. Now I'm not saying the other little boy was right either, but hitting people isn't always the answer."
"I know, I'm really sorry," he said as he started crying, "do you and daddy hate me?"
"Bud," I said, "we don't hate you. You were sticking up for your sister. We will never hate you, we love you so much, I think you know now that violence isn't the answer, and I know you're sorry. It's okay buddy." I put my arm around him and kissed his head.
"I love you so much," I said and hugged him.
"I love you too mommy," he said and hugged me.
"Alright, so do you have any idea why everyone needs to talk to me?" I chuckled. He shook his head no.
"Alright," I said and kissed his head. I walked downstairs and looked at Ellie.
"You're up next," I chuckled.
"Hey," Owen complained.
"Owen," I chuckled, "you can wait."
"I'm impatient," Owen complained.
"You can wait," I chuckled. Ellie got up off the couch and I followed her into the kitchen.
"What's up munchkin?" I asked as we sat down at the counter.
"Noah's in trouble because of me," she said.
"It's not because of you sweetheart," I said, "you did nothing wrong."
"But he punched Marcus because I like Skyler," she sighed, "it's my fault Noah got in trouble."
"Ellie, it's perfectly okay that you like Skyler. It's also okay that she doesn't like you back, but what isn't okay is that Marcus and his friends are making fun of you. Noah shouldn't have hit him, but he was standing up for you because what Marcus is doing is wrong," I explained, "but none of it is because you did something wrong."
"It feels like it," she frowned.
"Keep your head up, it'll be okay," I said and kissed her head, "your perfect the way you are honey."
"Thanks mommy," she said.
"You're welcome, I love you," I said.
"I love you too," she said. She got up and ran upstairs. I walked back into the living room and Kamryn smiled.
"Yay my turn," she smiled and we walked into the other room.
"You can't tell dad," Kamryn said.
"Um no promises," I chuckled.
"Mom," Kamryn complained, "Luke asked me out, and dad will freak out!"
"Okay," I chuckled, "what did you say?"
"Well I said yes, but I feel like Jenny will hate me, I should call her right?" She said.
"You should," I nodded, "it would be the right thing to do."
"Okay," she nodded.
"You need to stop growing up," I chuckled and hugged her.
"Don't tell dad please," she said.
"Kamryn I have to tell him eventually," I chuckled.
"Just until I figure it out with Jenny?" She asked.
"Sure," I nodded. She smiled and ran upstairs to call Jenny. I walked back into the living room and sat down next to Owen.
"So what's up?" I asked as I put my head on his shoulder.
"You can't be mad," he said.
"Oh what did you do?" I chuckled.
"I may or may not have yelled at the principal at the kid's school," he said.
"You did what?" I said and sat up.
"Well, the other boy wasn't getting in trouble for shoving Noah or bullying Ellie so I called him out on it," he said.
"Well he sounds like he deserved it anyway," I shrugged, "but they have to like us the kids go to school there Owen!"
"They don't have to like us," Owen said.
"Yes they do," I said.
"Amelia you're not even into that PTO stuff anyway what do you care," Owen said.
"Yes but Owen," I complained, "you can't just yell at the principal at the kid's school."
"Well I did," he chuckled.
"At least it's was for a good reason," I said and kissed his cheek.
"Well obviously," he chuckled.
"Obviously," I chuckled as I kissed him softly.
"I love you," I smiled.
"I love you too," he said, "Is kamryn okay? What did she have to talk to you about?"
"Oh just girl stuff," I said.
"So I don't want to know?" He chuckled.
"No," I lied as he put his arm around me.
KAMRYNS POV
I was so nervous to talk to Jenny, but I had to. Her friendship was more important to me than any relationship with Luke. Her friendship was probably the most important thing to me. I hit her number and waited for it to ring.
"Hey Kam what's up?" She said.
"Hey, how're you feeling?" I asked.
"Much better, I'm coming to school tomorrow," she said.
"That's awesome," I said.
"Yeah," she said.
"So uh," I said, "I like someone."
"Really? Who?" She said.
"Well actually more important is that they like me back and we're going on a date tomorrow night, but I just want to make sure it won't affect our friendship because I love you more than anything," I said.
"Kammie a boy isn't going to get in between us," she said, "who is it?"
"Luke," I said.
"I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT KAMRYN," she said.
"Are you mad?" I said quickly.
"No are you kidding?" She laughed, "I've watched you gawk at my brother ever since 7th grade."
"Shut up," I chuckled.
"So he asked you out?" She said.
"Yeah," I said.
"He's so rude, not telling me anything," she laughed, "of course it's okay with me, and I'll kick his butt if he doesn't treat you right."
"Thanks Jen," I chuckled.
"Why don't you have a hot older brother? Seems a little unfair to me," she joked.
"Shut up," I laughed.
"Anyway, I gotta go, but you and Luke are going to be so cute, and of course it's ok with me," she said.
"I'm glad," I said, "love you."
"I love you too," she said as we both hung up.