1: You're Okay

AMELIAS POV
I walked into work and saw Owen Hunt, my best friend. We've been friends forever, even before Derek died. He died about 3 years ago. I miss him everyday. I walked over to Owen and he handed me a cup of coffee.
"Mm thank you," I said.
"You're welcome," he said.
"Incoming!" Miranda Bailey, chief of surgery yelled, "Shepherd! Hunt!" I put the coffee down and ran into the first trauma room. It was a little girl. She looked so scared. She looked at Owen and she tensed up and and started breathing heavy.
"Owen page April," I said.
"What why?" He said.
"Page her and get out," I said as Arizona rushed in. The little girl started freaking out and looking around the room. I felt her grab my lab coat and she wouldn't let go.
"Hi honey, we're all doctors here and we're going to help you okay?" I said, she looked so scared, "can you tell me your name?" She shook her head no.
"Baby girl we aren't going to hurt you, you can tell the nice doctor your name," Arizona said.
"What if I tell you my name?" I said. She nodded her head yes.
"My names Amelia, and thats Arizona," I said.
"I'm Kamryn," she said quietly.
"That's a pretty name," Arizona said.
"There's no reason to be scared, we're all going to help you," I said, she was still clutching my lab jacket and she nodded. April rushed in and the girl looked scared again.
"That's April," I said, "she's going to see what's wrong okay?"
"Your names all start with A," the little girl said innocently.
"Indeed they do," Arizona chuckled and started getting fluids going. I noticed a cut on her forehead and it was really deep.
"I need to do stitches," I said.
"I'll grab a kit," April said.
"Is it going to hurt?" Kamryn said and started panicking.
"Kamryn you have to sit still okay?" Arizona said.
"It's not going to hurt okay?" I said.
"Can you do them?" Kamryn asked quietly.
"Sure," I said and started, I really hoped it wouldn't hurt.
"Honey what happened?" Arizona said, she had really bad injuries.
"My brother," She said.
"Your brother did this?" Arizona said. Kamryn went to talk when a family burst in.
"Kam!" A woman said, "oh honey we were so worried, is she okay? Her and her brother were running around the house and she stripped on one of the steps and fell back, we called an ambulance right away, is she okay?"
"Hi, yes, she is okay, we are assessing her injuries now," I said as I finished her stitches.
"Kam!" A little boy said as he ran past me to the bed. Kamryn immediately tensed up and everyone saw it. Her heart rate started rapidly increasing.
"Okay guys I'm going to show you the waiting room, let's give her some space okay?" Arizona said and rushed them out.
"It doesn't look like internal bleeding honey, just some black and blues okay? You'll be better in no time," April said.
"No broken bones?" I said.
"Nope, no broken bones," April said. Her pager went off and I realized Kamryn never let go of my lab coat.
"Hey it's okay," I said, "you can let go it's okay, the doctors won't hurt you see?" She nodded.
"I'll come back and check on you later okay honey?" I said. She looked upset like she was going to cry.
"Honey what's wrong?" I said.
"Don't leave," she said.
"I'm not okay, I work in the hospital, I'll be right back," I said, "do you want your family?" She shook her head no.
"Okay," I said, "how old are you honey?" She held up her hand and I smiled.
"5?" I said.
"Yeah," she said.
"So are you in kindergarten?" I said.
"Yeah," she nodded, "I like it."
"I'm sure you have lots of friends at school," I said and pushed a piece of her gorgeous brown hair behind her ear.
"No," she said softly.
"You don't?" I said.
"No," she shook her head.
"What about your brother?" I said, "does he have friends?"
"He's not my brother," she said.
"He's not?" I said.
"He has a different mommy and daddy," she said, so I figured he was adopted.
"Oh okay," I said, "is he nice?" She shook her head no and the doors opened.
"Doctor Shepherd can I speak with you?" Arizona said.
"Hey Kamryn I'll be right back okay?" I said.
"Okay," she nodded. I closed the door behind me.
"What's up?" I said.
"She's been here 3 times in the past month," Arizona said.
"What?" I said.
"She fell of the jungle gym on the 2nd, she tripped on the playground on the 14th, and now, on the 20th, she fell down the stairs," Arizona said.
"You think she's being abused?" I said sadly.
"You saw how her heart rate went up when the family came in," she said.
"I think she's scared of the brother," I said.
"She's so scared," Arizona said, "she basically clung to you."
"I know," I said.
"I'll call CPS," Arizona said.
"Okay," I said. She walked off and I felt someone grab my arm. I looked up and it was Owen.
"Dude what's up," I chuckled as we started walking down the hallway.
"Why would you just kick me out?" He said.
"Are you an idiot?" I said.
"Amelia," he said and looked at me.
"She was scared okay? And she seemed uncomfortable with male doctors okay I'm sorry," I said.
"I didn't know I'm sorry," He said.
"It's okay," I said, "poor girl, Arizona thinks she's being abused."
"So you think so?" Owen said.
"Yeah," I sighed. My pager went off and it was for Kamryn.
"I have to go," I said. I ran down the hall and opened the door and April was sitting in the room.
"She was asking for you," April said, "Bailey also requested a neuro exam because of the head lac."
"Okay," I nodded, "thanks." I walked over to her and she still looked terrified.
"Okay follow my finger okay?" I said. She nodded and she did perfect. I used my flashlight and her pupils were responsive.
"You okay honey?" I asked.
"I'm scared," she said.
"I know, hospitals can be scary," I said.
"No," she said, "them." I looked over my shoulder and saw her family.
"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked. She shook her head no.
"It's okay, you can tell me," I said.
"No," she shook her head.
"Okay," I said.
"Am I going back with them?" She asked.
"I'm not sure honey," I said.
"Am I going to be okay?" She asked.
"You're okay," I said.