34: Rose

AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and Owen was snuggled into me. I smiled and kissed his head. He had his arms wrapped around my waist and snuggled into my chest. My door opened and it was Kamryn.
"Good morning mama," she said and jumped onto the end of the bed.
"Good morning," I said. "Just be quiet, Owen's still asleep."
"Okay," she said. I looked at the clock and it was almost 7:30.
"Let's go get you ready for school okay?" I said and lightly got up to avoid waking Owen up. I walked into the kitchen with her and made her waffles and got my bag ready for work.
"Mama?" Kamryn asked.
"Yes baby?" I said.
"Did you talk to Owen?" She asked shyly.
"I did," I said.
"What did he say?" She said.
"You have to ask him that," I said.
"But you talked to him," she said.
"Kamryn, I'm going to be marrying Owen, you need to be comfortable asking him stuff," I chuckled.
"But," she said.
"Just ask him," I chuckled, "you have nothing to be scared of, he's super easy to talk to, you know that."
"I know," she said quietly.
"Okay?" I said.
"Okay," she said. I had to get her to talk to him eventually, and considering soon he was going to be my husband, felt it was appropriate. I started making coffee and as I was pouring my cup I felt arms go around my waist.
"Good morning," I smiled.
"Good morning," Owen said as he kissed my cheek. I looked at Kamryn and motioned towards Owen. She didn't say anything and I sighed.
"Are you ready for school?" I asked her.
"I don't want to go to school," she said and got up and walked to her room.
"What happened?" Owen said.
"Wish I could tell you," I said, "I'll be back."
"Okay," he said. I walked down the hallway and knocked on her door.
"Kamryn," I said.
"Go away," she said.
"But it's me," I said. She didn't say anything and I opened the door. She was curled up on her bed crying while holding her stuffed elephant. I closed the door behind me and sat down next to her.
"Hey what happened? Why are you upset?" I said and rubbed her back.
"I don't want to talk to Owen," she said.
"Why not? I thought you loved Owen," I said.
"I do," she said, "but he's not you."
"What do you mean?" I said.
"He's not you, and when you get married it's just going to be both of you," she said sadly.
"Kammie that's not true," I said, "it'll be just like it is now, the three of us."
"No it won't," she said quietly.
"Baby why didn't you tell me you were upset?" I said.
"Because you were so happy," she said.
"But your happiness makes me happy too," I said. She didn't say anything and I brought her into my lap.
"Kammie look at me," I said. She looked at me and I wiped her tears with my thumbs.
"I'm not going anywhere okay? I'm not I promise. Yes, Owen and I are getting married, but that doesn't change how much I love you, I can be Owen's wife and your mama, and I will okay? Us being married doesn't mean I'll stop being your mama okay? I'm your mama forever remember?"
"Okay," she said quietly, "I love you too." I smiled and kissed her forehead.
"Come on we can't be late," I said.
"Okay," she said, "can't you just tell me what Owen said?"
"Nope," I said.
"Please?" She begged.
"Later," I said.
"Okay," she said.
"So were okay?" I said. She nodded.
"Yes," she said.
"Alright munchkin lets go then," I said.
"Wait mama?" She said.
"Yes?" I said.
"Don't tell Owen I was sad, he was really happy too," she said.
"Okay listen to me? You are 5. You are way to young and wise to be putting other people's happiness in front of yours. Your feelings matter too, and your happiness means the world to Owen and I, so please, don't be upset just to let us be happy okay? Talk to us. Or just me. Or just Owen. Either way, don't be upset and hold it in, because we're a team okay? Owen and I are getting married, but you and I are still a team alright?" I said. She smiled and nodded.
"Okay," she giggled.
"Alright but you gotta go to school or we're gonna be late," I said. We walked into the kitchen and Owen grabbed his keys.
"Hey I gotta go in," he said and kissed me, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled.
"Bye Kamryn I love you," Owen said.
"I love you too," Kamryn said and grabbed her backpack. Owen left and Kamryn and I each finished getting ready.
"Alright munchkin you ready?" I asked.
"Yes," she said. We walked downstairs to my car and we started driving. I walked her into school and said goodbye.
"I'll be back to get you and then we can hangout at my work okay?" I said.
"Okay, bye mama I love you!" She said.
"I love you too!" I said and kissed her head. I walked back out to my car and drove to work.
OWENS POV
Something about Kamryn and Amelia seemed off this morning. I don't know what happened. I saw Amelia writing something down and I walked over to her.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said.
"You and Kamryn okay?" I said.
"Yeah uh, yeah it's fine," she said and scribbled something down.
"Okay," I said, "you wanna talk?"
"No," she said.
"What's wrong?" I said. She looked at me and sighed.
"She's worried once we get married there won't be anymore time for her," she said.
"Oh," I frowned, "did I do something?"
"No you're fine I promise," she said, "we talked about it this morning, it's okay."
"Okay," I said.
"Don't worry it's fine," she said.
"Excuse me!" Someone yelled. Amelia and I turned to see a girl walking towards us. She looked like she was probably in her low twenties.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked.
"Are you Doctor Amelia Shepherd?" She asked.
"Yes," Amelia said.
"I'm rose," she said, and she said it like Amelia should know who she was, maybe she did, I didn't know who she was.
"Uh," Amelia said, "I'm sorry have we met before?"
"I'm Rose Jensen, Kamryn's birth mother," She smiled and hugged Amelia. I looked at Amelia and she looked at me while this girl was hugging her.
"I'm so glad to finally meet you!" Rose smiled, Amelia looked like she was panicking.
AMELIAS POV
Shit.