33: A Million Questions

AMELIAS POV
Oh my god. He proposed. Owen and I are getting married. Dinner was amazing. We were driving back to Meredith's house and I couldn't wait to tell Meredith and Maggie. Owen said Kamryn already knew and I thought that was adorable that he asked her if he could propose. We pulled into Mer's driveway and I was so excited. The two of us got out and I unlocked Meredith's door with my spare key. We opened the door and Maggie, Meredith, Zola, and Kamryn were still up watching a movie.
"MAMA!" Kamryn smiled and bolted over to me.
"Hi baby," I smiled. She looked at Owen and I chuckled.
"Did you?" She asked him.
"I did," Owen chuckled.
"Did what?" Meredith said confused.
"Well," I chuckled and smiled at Owen, "Owen and I are getting married!" I held up my hand and Maggie and Meredith's faces lit up.
"Oh my god!" Maggie smiled and hugged both of us, "oh my god the ring is beautiful congratulations!"
"Congrats!" Meredith said, "this is so exciting!"
"Yay!" Zola smiled, "Aunty Amy is getting married." I smiled and looked at Owen, he was going to be my husband.
-
Owen unfortunately got paged about an hour ago. Kamryn was so excited that we were getting married. It was so cute.
"Mama?" Kamryn said.
"Yes?" I said. We were laying in my bed watching cartoons.
"Can I be in your wedding?" She said.
"Sure," I said, "Of course you can have a special part in it."
"Yay!" She smiled, "are you going to wear a big white dress?"
"I am," I said, "you can help me pick it out too."
"Really?" She said.
"Yeah, I have to go wedding dress shopping," I said, realizing how much work I needed to put into this wedding. She snuggled into me and I kissed her head.
"Do you like the ring?" She giggled.
"I do," I smiled, "Do you like it?"
"It's all sparkly! It's like a princess ring mama," she said.
"It is," I smiled and admired the ring.
"Can I ask you something?" She said quietly.
"Someone's full of questions," I chuckled, "of course you can." She looked at me shyly before asking.
"If you're marrying Owen does that mean I can call him dad?" She asked. I knew this would come up but I didn't think this soon. I didn't have an answer.
"Um," I said, "I don't know, I mean, I'm okay with it, but I think you need to talk to Owen about it, and see what he thinks about it."
"Can you ask him?" She said and buried herself into me, she definitely got a lot more comfortable around Owen, but she was still really shy sometimes.
"You don't want to ask him?" I said.
"I do but," she said shyly, "I don't know."
"I'll talk to him okay?" I said.
"Okay," she said. She snuggled into me and I could see her fighting to fall asleep.
"You can go to bed," I chuckled, "it's late."
"Mhm," she said as she closed her eyes. I picked her up and walked down to her room.
"Good night," I said softly and tucked her into bed, "I love you." I chuckled as she was already passed out. I closed her door and walked into the kitchen. I cleaned up our dinner dishes, and as I was the front door opened.
"Hey," I smiled.
"Hey," he said as he walked over and kissed me.
"How was work?" I asked.
"It was good," he said.
"Yeah?" I smiled and kissed him again.
"Yeah," he smiled.
"I bet you need a shower after surgery," I said.
"I do," he chuckled and picked me up. I kissed his cheek as we ran into the bathroom.
"Is Kamryn asleep?" He said.
"Yeah," I said and kissed him.
"Okay," he said and started kissing my neck. He turned the shower on and I smiled.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he smiled.
"I can't wait to marry you," I smiled.
"I can't wait to marry you too," he said. I smiled as he pulled me into the shower.
OWENS POV
Amelia and I got out of the shower and I smiled. She was going to be my wife soon, I'm so excited. Tonight went perfectly.
"So I have a question," Amelia said as she started brushing her teeth.
"Okay," I said.
"Well," Amelia said, "Kamryn finally asked the dad question."
"About me?" I said.
"No about my other boyfriend stupid," Amelia joked.
"Right forgot about him," I chuckled as I wrapped a towel around my waist, "what did you tell her?"
"I mean I told her to talk to you and she got shy about it," she said, "So I told her I'd talk to you."
"Well how do you feel about it?" He said, "she's your daughter and I don't want to do anything that you're uncomfortable with."
"I mean I think it's cute if she calls you dad," I said, "but it's kinda up to you, I don't mind either way."
"She can call me dad if she wants," I smiled.
"Really?" Amelia smiled.
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay," Amelia said.
"If it's okay with you," I said.
"It's okay with me," Amelia smiled.
"Okay," I said.
"Okay," she smiled. She walked over and wrapped her arms around my waist.
"I love you," she smiled.
"I love you too," I smiled.