Chapter 55

The night comes quickly and it's 9:30 p.m. McGonagall and the rest of the teachers are in a meeting so it's perfect for everyone to get out to the Pitch. "Gryffindors! Let's roll. Groups of four at the most!" You shout. You, George, Neville and Fred are the first four to leave. You quietly run through the halls and get down to the Pitch. "It looks so beautiful with the lights those Ravenclaws put up." Neville says. "It sure does. Some Slytherins put on a spell that if someone looks over at the pitch from the castle, they'll just see how dark it is." You say. You get closer and closer and see almost every house there. 

"Hey guys! Everyone is almost here!" Cedric yells. You give him a thumbs up. The rest of the houses get into the stands and you walk out to the middle. "Sonorus." You say and put the tip of your wand at your neck. "Welcome! I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight!" You say. Everyone cheers in excitement as you continue. "First, I would like to give credit to the person who conjured this idea. Can everyone give a round of applause for NEVILLE LONGBOTTON!" You say.

Everyone screams and cheers. Even Slytherin! You look up at Neville who is turning bright red. You smile and wave up at him. "Tonight! We have Gryffindor and Ravenclaw against Slytherin and Hufflepuff! Each house captain has a schedule for when the games are! Now, this is all just for fun alright everyone? There is no prize. It's going to be a much bigger game of Quidditch. We already have all of the starting player picked and when they are tired, we will switch everyone so everyone on their house team gets a chance! Let's play some Quidditch!" You say. 

Everyone erupts into cheers again. You quickly run to grab your broom and fly up to your team. "Let's do this guys! And Gryffindors, don't get into a feud with Slytherin." You laugh. A Ravenclaw boy comes out to the field with the chest. He lets the Snitch and both Bludgers go. He picks the Quaffle and looks over at you. "Remember, it's just for fun. To bring us more closer...I guess." You laugh and nod. 

He throws the Quaffle up and your immediately dive for it. You grab it before a Hufflepuff and head towards the rings. You weave around some Slytherins and throw the Quaffle at the bottom ring. It goes in right before the Keeper tries to grab it but misses. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw cheer. "Nice one Y/n!" The Slytherin Keeper yells. You smile and fly off. Flint has the Quaffle and is coming towards you.  You turn around and fly next to him.

"How ya doing Flint?" You say. "Great cause we are gonna win this." He smirks. "Don't think so." You say and hit the Quaffle out of his hands. It starts falling towards the ground. You and Flint both dive for it. As you get closer to the ground you can sense that Flint is about to bail. He does and you lift your broom up a bit and grab the Quaffle while standing on your broom. Everyone cheers as you head towards the ring once more.

"How the hell does she do it?!" A Hufflepuff yells. You laugh and head towards the shortest ring. The Keeper gets down there to block but you throw it up to the second highest ring. "Twenty points Gryffindor and Ravenclaw!" Fred yells. The game goes by for a bit longer before halftime. You all get down to the ground and high five each other. "Nice job everyone!" You say. You head to grab some water while all the players talk. 

"Y/n! How do you keep messing with my head?" The Slytherin Keeper asks. "It's funny how you know my name but I don't know yours." You smile. He puts his hand out. "Gabriel Sanchez. You can call me Gabe." You shake his hand and lean against your broom. "I guess I just mess with your head Gabe. You see, it's about where the player is usually looking or where their body is facing." You say.