Chapter 74

The Third Task is today. You're kinda freaking out. You couldn't sleep at all last night. It's six a.m. in the morning and you're pacing around the common room just mumbling a bunch of what ifs. "What if I get lost? What if my wand breaks and I can't defend myself? What if I get bloody murdered?" You continue to pace around until someone starts coming down the stairs. You look towards the stairs and see Fred coming down. "Fred? What are you doing up this early? You're never up this early." You ask walking over to him and feeling his forehead. "I'm fine. Why are you up this early? You should be getting sleep. The final task is today." He says. 

You sigh and look down. You walk over to the couch and sit down. "I haven't slept all night. I've been too busy thinking about the task today. It's a maze! I can't do that." You place your head into your hands. Fred sits next to you and pulls you onto his lap. "It'll be okay Y/n. Cedric and Harry are going to be there too. If you need help, they'll help you." He rubs your back and kisses your head. "But still! I hate mazes. I have everything about them." You say.

Fred grabs your shoulders and starts shaking you. "Listen to meeee." He whines. He stops shaking you and looks into your eyes. "You can do it. You're brave, you're smart, you have strategy. You will win this tournament and have eternal glory. You will be the one to go down in history." He says. Fred sets you back on the couch and stands up. "Join me." He demands. You stand up next to him. He puts his hands on his hips and looks up. "What are you doing?" You ask. "Whenever I'm about to do a prank and I feel like it's going to backfire or if I have a test and I don't feel confident, I stand in a super hero pose." He says smiling. "Try it," You put your hands onto your hips and look up. You start smiling. "See? Don't you feel like you can do anything?" He says. "I do." You say and kiss him.

***

You enter the stadium and everyone cheers for you. "GO Y/N!" You hear George, Fred and Lee yell over the crowd. You smile and wave. Cedric, Harry, Fleur and Viktor walk out while everyone cheers for them. "Welcome to the final task!" Dumbledore announces. Everyone quiets down and listens. "Earlier today, Professor Moody has placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows the exact position." You turn and see Moody come around a corner from the maze. "Now, as Mr. Diggory and Miss. Y/l/n mostly tied for first. They will enter the maze first, followed by Mr. Potter, Mr. Krum then Miss. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup is the winner. If at any point a contestant wishes to withdraw from the task, he or she need only to send up red sparks with their wands." Dumbledore turns around and faces all of you. 

"In this maze, you'll find not only dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the Cup if you can but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way." You and Cedric look at each other. Moody ushers you to one entrance. You turn and look at Fred. He gives you a thumbs up and gets into his super hero stance. You nod and do the same facing the maze. "On the count of three...ONE-" You guessed it, Filch sets the cannon off early and you jump a bit. You walk forward a few steps before turn back around.

Fred blows a kiss a waves. The shrubbery cuts you off from everyone, the music is faint. You quickly take your wand out and stair down the corridor.