Chapter 70

You sit down with Ginny at lunch when some First Year walks up to Ron with a package. "Thank you Nigel." He says. Nigel smiles and then stares at Harry and you. "Not now Nigel, later." Ron ushers him away while you cross your arms at him. "I said I'd get him Harry's and your autograph." He says. You scoff and continue eating. Ron opens the packages and takes out some robes. "Look, mum sent me something." He stands up and looks at them. "Mum sent me a dress?" He says. You start laughing. "Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Ah ha!" Harry says and pulls it out. "Shut it Harry." Ron smiles and looks at Ginny. 

"Ginny, these must be for you." He says. "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly!" She sticks her tongue out at it. Hermione starts laughing with you. "What are you on about?" Ron asks looking over at Hermione. "They aren't for Ginny, they're for you! Dress robes!" She laughs. The whole hall starts laughing. "Dress robes? For what?" Ron asks setting down the robes. McGonagall walks up and smiles. "If all of the Gryffindors will follow me. I will show you Mr. Weasley, why your mother has sent you dress robes." She says and turns around.

Everyone follows her into an empty room. Filch walks in with a huge record player. "Girls on this side, boys on the other." McGonagall says. You sit down next to Ginny and Hermione. "The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournaments since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for well mannered frivolity. As representative of the host school I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost....a dance." The boys groan. You roll your eyes and slouch in your chair.

"Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." McGonagall huffs. "Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swans slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." Ron says something to Seamus and they start laughing. McGonagall looks over at Ron and crosses her arms. "And inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to pounce. Mr. Weasley, will you join me." She says. 

Ron stands up and slowly walks over to McGonagall. "Place your right hand on my waist." She says. "Where?" Ron says. You hold in your laughs as McGonagall places his hand on her waist. You whistle and laugh a bit. Ron looks over to you and is about to flip you off before McGonagall grabs his hand again. "Mr. Filch." Filch places the needle onto the record. Music starts playing and they start dancing. "One, two, three. One, two, three." McGonagall counts. "Now everybody come together." All of the girls stand up except you. 

Fred jumps up and walks over to you. "Come on darling." He puts his hand out. You're hesitant first but grab his hand. "I'm not that good thought Freddie." You say. He brings you to the center and kisses your cheek. "Neither am I, but we can try." He places his hand on your waist and grabs your left hand. You put your right hand on his shoulder and you both start dancing the same way as McGonagall.  You see Neville stand up and walk over to Ginny. 

They start dancing and you smile. "Hey boys, how about you stop being a bunch of pussies and dance with the girls. Neville's got bigger balls than you now. Might wanna start now if you want to dance with a girl at the ball." You smirk. "Miss Y/l/n." McGonagall warns. "Sorry Professor." Fred laughs and kisses you. "They're getting the hang of it." Seamus says. "Maybe you should try Seamus. If you don't want to do it with a girl, there are plenty of boys. Dance with Dean." You say. The boys start laughing and Seamus turns red.