[R] Child's Fights (Purpled & Dream)

(A/N: soprm: Could you make a Purpled-centric one and Dream's his brother? Maybe Dream finds out by seeing a bunch of bruises/cuts or notice that he's limping?
I haven't watched purpled much but I hope I at least got some parts of his personality correct!)

Purpled walked out of the alleyway, shoulders slumping down, an oversized coat shielding him from the cold of the night.

Yet another monthly tournament. Yet another day where he had to fight against adults twice his size and height and win, or else he wouldn't be valuable to the audience anymore, and they would kick him off, and he didn't think he would be able to deal with not fighting anymore. It had become so important to him, no matter how much he hated it.

He wasn't sure exactly when he started fighting in the illegal fighting ring 'Bedwars', but he had been in those circles long enough for him to have a moniker associated with him — 'Ultraviolet'. He was a fan favourite in the rings, along with a few of the friends he had made when he was just first starting out.

He trudged back to his and Dream's apartment, letting out a relieved sigh as he spotted their door. Opening it, he shucked off his shoes and tossed his coat to a chair, paying no attention to the TV still playing or the fact that the lights were still on. Sometimes Dream would just forget to turn them off because he had accidentally fallen asleep, and usually Purpled would turn them off when he came back home.

Well, technically, he was supposed to be in his room sleeping as well, but what Dream didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

He grimaced as he sat down on a chair after getting his secret stash of medical supplies as he accidentally brushed his arm against the chair's back.

Fighting in an illegal fighting ring had its effects. For one, you couldn't exactly tell your friends what you were doing — the only reason Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo knew about what he was doing in the first place was because they had accidentally stumbled upon a gathering for Bedwars players one day, and some of them just so happened to recognise him. That wasn't a fun day to explain to his friends.

For another, there was the trauma that obviously came from fighting and getting beaten up and beating people monthly. Purpled was lucky he had signed up for the monthly competitions, and only the monthly competitions. A few of his other Bedwars friends, Sammy and Astelic and Eighty, had signed up to be apart of it weekly. Purpled had no idea how they did it, but they always told him that it was a bad idea.

For a third, the bruises and injuries that came from it were hell to deal with. Purpled winced as he carefully applied ointment to his bruises. It was optional for Bedwars players who wanted to stay hidden that they were given special attire that, while didn't lessen the pain, did lessen the amount of damage that would be visible on their skin. His bruises weren't as bad as they could've been, but they still hurt.

After applying ointment, he took out a gauze and wrapped it around his upper arms. One of his opponents had gotten in a few good hits at that spot, unfortunately, enough for a gauze to be needed. As he relaxed a while before having to put away his medical supplies, he made sure to text his Bedwars friends groupchat to let them know that he had returned home safely.

Purpled carefully packed everything into his medical kit box and shoved it under the sink, since Dream almost never checked that area, which made it perfect for him to hide it. Then, he stretched to loosen his joints, and turned around to see Dream staring back at him, with a mixture of fury and horror and sadness in his gaze.

There was pin drop silence. Purpled gaped at Dream, who stared right back.

"Purpled?" Dream asked quietly. "Explain."

"Dream!" Purpled yelped nervously. "I, uh, I thought you were asleep."

"I wanted to pull a prank on you to see what you would do," Dream said. "I was having second-thoughts, but now I'm glad I did. What did you get yourself into, Purpled?"

"Nothing of your business," Purpled said quietly, looking away. "Look, I've handled myself, alright. It's no different than the Manhunt stuff you and your friends do. I'm fine."

"Well at least with my Manhunt events, we would try not to rough each other like this!" Dream snapped. Purpled couldn't help the involuntary flinch. Dream, because he was Dream, noticed, and sighed.

"Look, I might not know what you've got," Dream gestured to him. "But I want you to trust me, just like I trust you. I promise I won't do anything reckless or whatever you think I'll do. I just want you to be safe, Purpled, so please."

Purpled bit his lip, but in the end, he knew he wouldn't be getting out of this so easily. So, with a sigh, he sat down.

"So, sometime around last year..."