[R] And We'll Sing A Song (Wilbur & Niki)

(A/N: weasleysupremacey (on watt): hii i know ur on a break for another two days still, but i was wondering if u could maybe do a wilbur and nihachu oneshot? doesnt have to be romantic if you dont want to!
they'll be singing a romantic song in this because i love that song but they're 100% platonic. the song in this is Would You Be So Kind by dodie btw
also for wattpad only!! pls check out the other story on my acc it's the one where I put the rest of my ao3 stories!! so!!

"Hey chat," Niki smiled, waving to her stream. "We'll be, uh, we'll be streaming with Wilbur today, for a very special stream."

"Hello," Wilbur said, making her chat go wild. Niki laughed, shifting into a more comfortable position on her chair.

"As you can see," she explained, pointing at what she hoped was the white text above on her stream's screen. "That says that everything- like, everything me and Wilbur will be doing is strictly platonic, so other people don't get the wrong idea or anything. Also for this stream I've turned off text-to-speech donations, but don't worry I'll read all of them after!"

"We're just friends!" Wilbur yelled, loud enough to make her flinch and laugh quietly.

"Too loud, Will," Niki said, to which the British man immediately apologised for it. "Uh, anyways, you'll find out what we're doing in a while! Will, are you ready?"

"Ready whenever you are, Niki," Wilbur said.

Niki laughed lightly. "I think that- that should be you saying it," she teased. "But yeah, I'm ready too."

Wilbur strummed the opening notes on his guitar, humming lightly as he did so.

"I have a question," Wilbur started off singing, his tone warm. "It might seem strange. How are your lungs? Are they in pain?"

Niki giggled at the chat slowly realising what song they would be singing as they spammed love hearts and other reactions. She pointed at the white text above.

She nodded along the song as Wilbur sang. His voice was really soothing, and she could see why his songs did so well.

"'Cause I like you, but that's not enough," Wilbur sang, strumming his guitar. "So if you will, please fall in love with me."

"Let's write a story," Niki started shyly. "Be in my book. You've got to join me on my page, at least take a look."

The chat couldn't see, but Wilbur's face was shown on Discord as he offered her an encouraging smile to continue singing. She looked at the chat and smiled as she saw their happy and encouraging messages.

"Oh do me a favour, can your heart rate rise a little?" Wilbur sang, his voice going a little more high pitched.

"Do me a favour, can your heart rate rise a little?" Niki continued, clapping her hands to the beat.

They continued singing separately until the last chorus, to which they decided to sing together since it was the final one.

"Oh would you be so kind as to fall in love with me?" Niki and Wilbur sang together, voices overlapping in a way that sounded melodious and nice. "You see, I'm trying. I know you know that I like you, but that's not enough, so if you will, please fall in love!"

Niki was very glad Wilbur had decided to do this stream with her. She had been running out of ideas for one, and she was due to stream soon. Wilbur had offered to help her, and she accepted.

"Oh I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love with me!"

One last guitar strum from Wilbur, and the song was over. Niki sipped her bottle of water as she watched her chat spam heart emojis and compliments.

"Thank you for your compliments!" Niki said brightly.

"Wilbur Soot and Nihachu cute compilations, you better include this in your videos!" Wilbur yelled out as Niki stifled a laugh. Then, he started strumming off-tune keys on his guitar.

Niki couldn't hold it in anymore, and laughed. She was glad she had a friend like Wilbur.