Gods Do Not Feel (SBI)

(A/N: it's ya girl and she's back!! one week break was great I wrote like 3 more stories on my ao3 acc n I might post it all into one big book on Wattpad if ppl like that idea,,,
anyways this is based off of an au by @writerwinged on tumblr bc that idea is cool,,, I'll try n link it in the comments since wattpad will not let me copy paste links here. gonna catch up on requests soon dw!!)

Gods do not have feelings. Especially not old gods.

Feelings are a foreign thing to a god, and the feeling of regret is no different.

When Wilbur Soot finds a boy shivering in the cold, he smiles, because he has found a new plaything.

He brings the kid home, the kid with blond hair and blue eyes and a laughter so bright and sweet it's charming. He introduces him to Technoblade and Philza, and they take to him easily as well.

It's rare for gods to share a toy to play with, but the Kid is amusing and oh so naive, and he is a firefly around their joined home, so they keep him. Like a pet, like a toy, like a plaything.

When Wilbur Soot finds out a young god is trying to start his own country, he goes to cause chaos, because that's what he does, and he takes the Kid with him.

The Kid's been getting too comfortable, anyways. He needs to prove himself.

And oh, prove himself he does. He and Wilbur Soot's allies all bleed and bruise for the small chance to get freedom for their little 'nation', and they do. Sure, there's a betrayal, and the Kid does nearly die, but what's chaos without negativity?

(He does not try to save the Kid when he bleeds and nearly dies. And yet the Kid still looks up to him. How pitiful.)

Things stagnate from there, and as the god of chaos, Wilbur Soot desires it. So he holds an election, to have some fun once again.

Wilbur Soot holds an election, and of course no one will doubt his power, his charisma, everything he has done for this country. He has led this country to victory with the Kid by his side and allies behind him, obviously they'll put him up again.

But then Quackity decides to make his own party and add George — an enemy who fought them in the war for freedom — and Fundy and Niki form their own party, and they clearly don't trust him now, not when they've gone and done what he has never wanted them to do.

Strike one.

And then Schlatt joins in. Schlatt, the man who he has broken so beautifully and chaotically, challenges him. And the worst part is, he wins.

Wilbur Soot and the Kid are thrown out of the very nation they have fought for, and his power is torn away from his hands by brute force and lawfully so.

Strike two.

Technoblade comes at their call, driven by lust for bloodshed and betrayal. Wilbur Soot gets explosives from the young god and placed them under his former nation, connecting them to a single button. The news of a festival being held comes to them, and Wilbur Soot smiles a madman's smile.

Strike three.

The festival comes. The Kid's best friend takes the stage and makes a speech. No one but the two gods and the Kid know about the explosives. Which is why nobody has time to react when Wilbur Soot pushes the button and sets off the redstone.

Manburg falls in ashes and explosions. Wilbur Soot laughs as he kills Schlatt, a mad grin on his face and the shadow of a madman below him.

(He thought he could fight against a god of chaos? He thought he could win against a madman and a god with far more power than he will ever have? Oh, poor, poor Schlatt. Always so forgetful, and now he pays the price of his memory loss.)

The Kid's best friend falls, too, being the closest to the explosives. And here is where Technoblade drops, swinging his sword with a mad glint in his eyes.

Only, it's not the Kid's best friend. Only, it's the Kid, and he's staring at them with betrayal and pain and light is fading from his eyes. Scars and burns litter his arms, and he doesn't look like he will survive.

(In a land made of ice and coldness, Philza's chest hurts, pain and agony blooming in his chest. But that's absurd. Gods have no feelings.)

Gods do not have feelings. That is one thing that's been known since the beginning of everything. They are cruel, and hen they take an interest in someone it is not for affection, but instead just as a way to pass time, to have fun, before getting rid of the toy just like a child gets rid of theirs.

So then, why does Technoblade feel pain as he watches the Kid die by his own sword?

So then, why does Wilbur Soot feel pain as he watches the Kid cough up blood and lose the light from his eyes, not taking a single step to help him?

So then, why does Philza's head snap up to stare at the sky, a feeling of wrongness and pain spreading through his body?

Gods do not have feelings. Especially not old gods.

But attachment and fondness cares not for who or what you are, nor does it care about pasts or futures. Tommy Innit has wiggled his way into the graces of the gods, and he pays for it. They all do.

(Bright blue eyes turn stormy and dark and dull and lifeless. It is not by choice.)