Legends (Dream & Technoblade's Sisters)

The rain fell heavily from darkened skies. Drista knelt in front of two graves, hidden far away and deep in a forest, heedless of the rain hitting her back. Her blonde hair was drenched, mask put away to lay on the ground getting wet.

She reached out to touch one of the graves lightly, tracing over the words.

Dream
A legend, a god, a friend.

Her hand remained on the grave for a while, before falling away. She looked at the other grave, and swallowed nervously.

Technoblade
A warrior, a king, a friend.

Drista heard footsteps coming up from behind as she knelt in front of the graves. Even despite only having met her at the small funeral her brother and his rival had gotten, to prevent anyone outside their immediate families from knowing, she knew who it was.

"It's no use dwelling on why or how it happened," Telette, Technoblade's sister, said emotionlessly.

Drista wiped the tears from her eyes. "Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt."

"No," Telette agreed quietly. "No, it doesn't."

She turned around and found herself face-to-face with the other girl. Up close, Telette looked so similar yet so different from her brother. Her pink hair was tied up into a braided bun, and instead of the royal garb Technoblade would always wear, she wore a simple dark red dress and black pants, with brown combat boots.

"You look different than how I imagined you as," Drista said. At this, Telette offered her a tiny smile, though it was inappropriate in these circumstances.

"So do you," Telette replied. "I always thought you'd look more similar to your brother, but apparently not."

Even though just hearing any mention of her brother make her mood sour, Drista still cracked a smile. She would always whine to Dream about how people kept mistaking them for the same person, when her hair was clearly so much longer, and her eyes were greener than his, even though no one could see their eyes due to the masks they wore.

But reminiscing on things like appearances and memories wouldn't help Drista or Telette in what they would have to do after this.

"You and I both know what we have to do, right?" Telette asked. Drista nodded reluctantly.

They couldn't have everyone panicking about how their greatest and most powerful fighters were gone, especially since there was some kind of entity dead-set on making sure everyone died running around and causing havoc. The servers needed Dream and Technoblade to defend them. Letting everyone know that they had died would cause even more panic and chaos, and nobody wanted that.

And as the people closest to their respective brothers in age, appearance and speech patterns, Drista and Telette had to pick up their brothers' mantles, and pretend to be them, at least until everything settled down.

Nevermind the fact that neither of them were as strong as them, or the fact that they possibly couldn't learn exactly their brothers' fighting patterns in less than a month since they would be called to be on duty in a month. No, because they had to do whatever it took to make sure the entity wouldn't be able to create any more chaos and panic, and if that meant pretending to be their missing and possibly dead brothers? Then so be it.

Shakily, Drista stood up, accepting Telette's hand pulling her up. She stumbled on her feet, but managed, and bent down to pick up her mask and fix it on, uncaring of the wetness, before looking at Telette.

"Guess there's not much else we can do now, huh?" Drista laughed tiredly. Telette sighed and nodded.

"We'll become legends," Telette said quietly but firmly. "One way or another."

It sounded like a promise. It felt like anything but.