A Happy Ending (Tommy & Tubbo)

(A/N: holy shit. today's streams really do be hitting hard. in celebration and honour of dream smp season 2 ending, i offer you this shorter-than-usual oneshot)

Tommy-and-Tubbo.

From the beginning, it has always been the two of them. Tommy Innit and Tubbo Underscore.

It's always been them, from the moment Tommy's family found Tubbo by the side of the road, from the moment they both decided to travel to the Dream SMP, from the moment they joined the revolution under Wilbur's leadership, from the moment L'manburg received its independence.

It's always been the two of them, but now there was an opponent. An enemy. An antagonist. A foe.

Things shifted. Subtly, but it shifted nonetheless. Now it was them against Dream. But despite the changes, despite the differences, there was still the two of them.

Seasons changed. The people around them changed. But no matter how it might seem, no matter how many times their friendship broke, and their trust wavered, it had always been the two of them.

Tommy-and-Tubbo, they called them. Two halves of a whole. Where one is, the other can be found. Everything around them - enemies, wars, battles, buildings, gifts - they were always related to each other in some way or another.

Their compasses bind them together. Their scarves-neckties-cloths bind them together - red and green have always been beautiful colours - and they last throughout time. Positions, pets, places - they share them, in one way or another.

Your Tommy.

Your Tubbo.

The bench, in their respective seats.

It's always been the two of them. Tommy and Tubbo, against Dream. It's always been the two of them losing against Dream.

But today? Today, that changed. Today, for once in a very, very long time, they won.

Violence had never been the only way, and when Tommy and Tubbo made their rounds, talking and chatting with people, it mattered. Their efforts mattered. For once, their actions and fights weren't for nothing. Dream was gone, locked in the very prison he had commissioned to build, and they were alive.

They weren't stupid enough to believe that everything would be okay, though. Their only allies were still each other, everyone only joined because of their words and their hatred for Dream, and there was no predicting or telling what might happen in the future.

Seasons changed. The people around them changed. But through it all, through everything, it had always been Tommy and Tubbo. The two of them, against Dream.

Today, Dream was taken down. Toppled from his throne. Fallen from the sky. Today, Dream was gone.

And for now, Tommy-and-Tubbo can rest.