~ Chapter 8: Birthday Bash ~

Y/N is kneeling in a dark room, quietly giggling. Kirby who's next to her covered his mouth to prevent the giggles to be heard. Y/N looked out the window to see Elias walking towards the door with Sonic.

"...So you can see why my father approved the metal Sonic troopers." Elias said.

"Yeah, I'll buy it. But your old man should've known that a little doomsday weapon can't stop me." Sonic said.

"Duly noted."

"Can you promise me that's the last 'brilliant idea' you royals come up with?"

"Sally and I have just one more left."

Tails come up and opened the door with an excited smile as Elias and Sonic stepped inside.

"Oh yeah? You're not nixing the Great Oak Slide, are you?"

"The exact opposite, Sonic."

The lights turned on as Y/N, Kirby, Cream, Cheese, and the Freedom Fighters all standing in Freedom HQ. It was decorated with balloons, streamers, and a big banner with the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC".

"Happy Birthday!" Tails cheered.

"Happy Birthday, Mr. Sonic." Cream smiled.

"Chao chao!" Cheese smiled.

"Surprise, bro!" Y/N held her hands up in the air with a biggest closed eye smile.

"Pooteetah, pooteetah!" Kirby jumped up and down in happiness.

Sally went up to Sonic and wrapped her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek. Amy looked at them with jealousy.

"Happy birthday, Sonic."

Sonic blushed and looked around the cave.

"Wow! Thanks, you guys!"

"You deserve it, Sonic." Elias said.

"Especially after everything you and your sister done for the kingdom as well as the universe." Sally added.

"Thanks, Sal."

Sonic kissed her back on the cheek. Y/N brought out a chocolate cake with blue frosting of Sonic's face on it and a blue candle.

"That looks good." Sonic said.

"Before you eat it, make a wish on this candle." Y/N said.

Sonic smiled and closed his eyes for a sec as he's thinking. After he concluded what he really wished for, he blew out the candle.

"What did you wish for, bro?"

"Nope. I ain't telling you, sis."

"Not even me." Sally said with a teased smile.

"Sorry. You'll see what I wished for one day."

"Okay, Sonic."

"So, Blue... How old are you now?" Fiona asked, coming over next to Y/N.

"Let's call me a teen from now still. You're next now, sis."

"I'll gladly wait for my birthday surprise."

Suddenly, the wall exploded and Sonic stood in front of Sally protectively. The wooden door was broke down to reveal Bark the Polar Bear and Bean the Dynamite Duck who's holding out a bomb as he starts singing.

"Happy Birthday, Sonic!

You can thank Robotnik!

He hired us to blast you!

Something that ends in-ick!"

"Here comes your birthday spankings!"

Bean throw out bombs towards Sonic who quickly jumped away.