~ Chapter 42: Home Invasion ~

While Y/N and Espio head to New Mobotropolis, the Iron Queen used her techno-magic to take control of New Mobotropolis is a city composed entirely of microscopic machines called 'nanites.' This also gave her full command of Nicole, the city's artificial intelligence. Only six heroes escaped the city-Sonic, Y/N, Kirby, Tails, Princess Sally, and Monkey Khan. They travelled to the Iron Queen's homeland-the Dragon Kingdom-to break her control over four powerful ninja clans. The handful of heroes left behind in the city did what they could to save its citizens, but soon fell into a trap set by the Iron Queen. Geoffrey, Amy, and Antoine were outnumbered and outmatched. Things were looking dire when Sonic, Tails, Kirby, Sally, and Ken came in right on time.

"I'm so disappointed with you! I go out for one world traveling adventure and what did I say? No crazy parties! Sheesh- You just can't count on world-conquerors these days."

"Looks like the cavalry just arrived, your highness. Pack it in early. You're done." Geoffrey grinned.

"MREE-HEE-HEE-HEE! Hardly! I still have the lovely little Iron Nicole under my control!"

Iron Queen waved her hand as they glow blue with circular above 'Iron' Nicole's head.

"Use the nanites to smash your friends right out of the sky, dearie!"

Nicole smirked and raised her hand, trapping her inside the green ball.

"Wh-What?!"

Nicole changed back to her original clothes as well as her hairstyle.

"Before Sally and the others left, she managed to help free me from you! During that time, I improved my programming to resist your magic."

"You can't play me for a fool! You're just a program! You're a tool! A thing!"

"Once, perhaps. But my friends have helped me grow into something far more than my original programming. Something you cannot and will not control."

Iron Queen melted the ball that are trapping her with her magic.

"All machines are mine to do with as I please! If you won't command the nanites as I say-"

Her machine turned into a robot spider but much more hideous than Eggman's.

"-Then I will do so myself!"

Nicole brought out her green shield.

"These nanites are part of my city-part of me. You will not misuse them any longer."

Meanwhile, Amy was locked in battle against Jun Kun.

"I am the glorious Iron King! I will not be beaten by a little girl! A little! Pink! Girl!"

"Stop being such a big baby and admit you're beat!"

"NevERGHK!"

Sonic spin dashed into Jun Kun, knocking him down.

"Hey, Amy. Miss me?"

Amy jumped on Jun Kun and hugged Sonic.

"Oh, Sonic! I knew you'd come back to save the day! Of course I missed you!"

"I know. I know. I was being ironically cliche."

"GET OFF ME!" Jun Kun demanded.

Snively was trying to crawl away from the battle, sweating bullets.

"Oh no. Oh no. Oh no."

"Snively."

He looked up to see Sally and Kirby who's on her shoulder, glaring down at him.