~ Chapter 28: Consequences ~

The next day, Boomer is unscrewing the star globe posts looking upset and grouchy.

"So what if she made Scourge surrender? I don't see why we've got to give the globe posts back to Dr. Kintobor..."

"Aw, shuddup and disconnect it." Buns said through the fixed Omega suit.

Miles smirked at Buns.

"You know, Buns, it was Scourge who wanted you out. With that Omega armor, you could be a real asset to the Suppression Squad."

"Yer a creepy little cuss, y'know that?"

"Just think about it."

Then, Bunnie, Antoine, Amy, Sonic, Sally, Y/N, Rob, and Silver walk out of the Castle Acorn with Buns behind them holding the globe posts.

"See, Sonic? One exciting adventure later, and I'm fine since I was with you!" Amy smiled, hugging Sonic's arm.

"Whatever you say, Amy. Let's go back to Dr. Kintobor's tower and leave this messed up zone."

They made it back to Dr. Kintobor's tower as Sonic and Y/N are talking to Silver.

"Alright then, Silver. Are we cool, or do you want to start another fight?" Sonic asked unamused.

"If you are, I won't hesitate to kill you this time." Y/N said with a smile.

Silver shivered from that smile and quickly went back to his posture.

"No, I need to do more research first. But I will find the traitor among the Freedom Fighters. I'll be back to protect your team."

"And we'll be here to do that in the meanwhile."

Silver enlarged the ring.

"Farewell, Sonic. We will meet again. See you as well, Y/N."

"Have fund with your dystopian future or whatever." Sonic waved.

"See you, Silver." Y/N waved.

Silver then disappeared into the warp ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Kintobor shook hands with Sonic and Y/N.

"I can't thank you two and your friends enough, Sonic and Y/N."

"It's no problem. It's what we do." Y/N smiled.

"No, sweat, Doc, do you still have him?" Sonic asked.

"Yes, and he's still bound. He hasn't moved nor talk since you brought him to me last night. He's surprisingly calm."

"WEEE!" Amy cheered as she went through the star globe posts, leaving Sonic, Y/N, and Sally last.

"That wraps it up. Rob was sent home, and we're the last three to go back to Freedom HQ." Sally smiled, patting her hands as Bunnie and Antoine went through the warp ring next.

"Not quite, Sal..." Sonic started.

Y/N was holding Scourge by the arm softly as his hands were cuffed and he's looking down to the ground.

"You're the last one to go back. Me and sis are hauling in the Parallel Zone, and then I'm getting some answers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Cosmic Highway, Sonic, Y/N, and Scourge who's still handcuffed are running down the road but some were missing and damaged.

"Man-O-Man... It's been a long time since I ran these roads, but I know they weren't this bad the last time I was here."