~ Chapter 48: The World Can Wait ~

At night in Stormtop Village--Dragon Kingdom, Y/N and Sally were visiting Ken as they're taking a walk in a street.

"...And aside from the usual Yagyu Raids, things have been going well." Ken said.

"The other clans have been cooperating?" Sally asked.

"Oh, they're still bickering and posturing and blah, blah, blah!"

Sally and Y/N giggled.

"Politics are never easy."

"Yeah, yeah, but the Free People are living in peace, so I can't really complain."

"And the Iron Queen?" Y/N asked as they passed by the well with a guard standing next to it.

"Obnoxious, but she's not going anywhere. But you two didn't come here just to check up on the Dragon Kingdom."

"I... well... I do care... It's just..."

Sally started swirling a warp ring on her finger.

"Things are... A little tense back home. People are nervous about when the city will be attacked next. Good thing they're not scared of Nicole anymore. Eggman is still missing. And then someone we thought we trusted..."

"Good thing I caught him before he could make things worse." Y/N added with a glare.

"And you slapping Mina too?" Ken asked with a teased smile.

"Yeah... That too." Y/N nervously chuckled, giving Sally a small glare who just smile like she's innocent.

"But you don't run from challenges like that, what is it really?"

Sally and Y/N gave Ken a smile.

"Y/N and I have a double date with Sonic and Tails."

"There we go. You tell me these things. Isn't this exactly what you wanted?"

"It is. I think it is. I'm just worried about wrecking things. Everything was so easy before... Before I almost messed it all up... So much has happened since the almost break up... I'm not sure we're the same people we once were..."

"It's you. It'll be fine. And if you need to talk. I'm here."

Y/N placed her arm around Sally's shoulder.

"And don't forget about me and Kirby who's at home will always be there for you."

Sally smiled.

"Thanks, guys. I just need to chill out for a bit..."

"You two did take into account on the other side of the world, right? It's got to be late afternoon over there."

This made Sally and Y/N panic as she activated the warp ring.

"Oh, my gosh! I can't believe I—! Thanks for listening, Ken! I've got to—"

"I know... See you later, girls."

Sally went through first.

"Sorry! I'll see you—"

Y/N was about to go through last when Ken looked at her.

"Good luck on your date, Y/N. Although, I'm kinda jealous that you ask Tails out."

"Well, I just wanted to give it a shot. See you, Ken."

Ken smiled before she went through and found Sonic and Sally sprawled on the ground with a blue and gold flag on the ground next to them.

"Oh my! Are you guys okay?"