Quarantine Wedding {Eddie Diaz}

<Requested>

*911*

Eddie had proposed to you at the beginning of the year, after the 118 had been called to the train wreck. He said it had given him perspective and helped him realize that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you.

You of course were overjoyed and happily said yes. You two were looking forward to what could be one of the best days of your life but then Corona happened.

Everything had closed down, the world instantly changed, people weren't allowed to leave their houses or socially gather which hindered your wedding plans.

However, lately the Covid restrictions got better which meant that you were allowed to have a handful of people over for your backyard wedding.

Sure, it wouldn't be everything you've ever dreamed of but that was okay, as long as you were marrying the love of your life.

The morning of your wedding was... chaotic to say the least. You were running around like a headless chicken, trying to make sure that everything was there and ready and Eddie was doing the same.

You two met up in the living room to check in with each other and see how much work was done.

"Are the bridesmaids ready?" Eddie asked you.

"Yes, their makeup is done and their dresses are on. They're just chilling in the front yard right now," you told him. "Are the groomsmen ready?"

"Yes, they are wearing their tuxes and are currently chilling with the bridesmaids," Eddie told you.

"What about the caterers and the cake?" you questioned.

"Both of them have arrived. The cake is the backyard and the food is all in the kitchen," Eddie explained. "What about the priest? Is he here?"

"Yes, he is and he is with the bridal party in the front yard," you stated.

"The guests?"

"They're all seated 2 meters away from each other in the backyard."

"So everything's done and ready?" Eddie questioned.

"Everything except for us," you said.

"Okay, let's go get ready. See you in an hour."

"See you then," you nodded.

Eddie held your hand and pulled you in for kiss.

"I love you," he smiled.

"I love you too," you giggled before walking away.

TIME SKIP

Everything was finally done. The guests were seated, the bridesmaids, groomsmen and priest were waiting for you two at the altar, the cake and food were ready to be eaten and you and Eddie were wearing your respective outfits.

Eddie has walked down their aisle with Christopher and was now waiting for you.

The Wedding March started playing which was the guests' cue to stand up and face the sliding door that you would be walking out from.

When Eddie saw you, he gasped and tears welled up in his eyes.

You looked absolutely with your natural curls out, natural looking makeup, white backless knee-length ballroom wedding dress and matching strapped stilettos.

The moment you looked eyes with Eddie, you smiled, unable to contain your happens. Tears started falling down your face, which made you grateful for your waterproof makeup.

Athena and Bobby locked arms with you and walked you down the aisle. Your parents were unfortunately unable to fly over to be there for you but Athena and Bobby happily stepped in for them.

When you reached the altar, Bobby and Athena kissed you on the cheek and handed you over to Eddie. You gave your bouquet to your maid of honor and held Eddie's hands in yours.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the holy matrimony of Edmundo Diaz and Y/N Y/L/N. I was told that they had prepared their own vows and will now be saying them and putting on their rings," the priest spoke.

"Y/N, from the moment I saw you, I think knew that you were going to be one of the best things to ever happen to me and I knew that I would do anything to have you in my life. You're my soulmate and I love you with all of my heart. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," Eddie told you, never once breaking eye contact except to place the ring on your finger.

"Eddie, the moment we met, I found you incredibly annoying," you joked which caused everyone to laugh. "You were hogging the treadmill and still had the nerve to ask me on a date. Normally I would have said no but my gut told me to say yes and I am so glad I did because you're the love of my life. I love you and I love your wonderful son. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you two either."

After saying your vows, you placed Eddie's ring on his finger and smiled at him.

"Edmundo Diaz, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold? Through good times and bad? To love, cherish and respect so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Eddie nodded.

"And do you, Y/N Y/L/N, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold? Through good times and bad? To love, cherish and respect so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," you smiled.

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the priest said.

Eddie took you into his arms and kissed you passionately. The guests started cheering throwing flower petals at you two.

TIME SKIP

You and Eddie were on the dance floor, in each other's arms, slowly swaying from side to side.

"So how was today?" Eddie asked you. "I know it isn't exactly what you've always has in mind for your wedding day?"

"Are you kidding me?" you asked him. "Today was the best day ever and I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way."

"I love you," Eddie told you.

"I love you too," you told him back.