Not Used To It {Milo Manheim}

I looked over to the digital clock on my side of the bed. The bright 3:05 burned my eyes so I immediately looked away.

Sigh.

I need to go to sleep but I can't. Milo and I have been in this apartment for a week and for every single night here, I've only gotten one hour of sleep or less. And it's not like I'm not trying to sleep. It's just not happening.

I turn over to my side and stare at my boyfriend's sleeping frame, lovingly. He looked so perfect right now. The moonlight from the window shone on his face, his black hair was cute and messy and he looked so peaceful right now.

I ran my fingers through his hair and smiled. I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and got out of bed, careful not to wake him up.

I went into the kitchen and looked through the fridge, hoping for something to  eat, only to come face to face with nothing.

Literally nothing, Milo and I haven't bought groceries yet.

I sighed and just went to go pour myself a glass of water.

"What are you doing up?" Milo's sleepy voice asked.

"Couldn't sleep," I answered simply.

He walked into the kitchen and took me into his arms.

"Why not?" he asked.

"It's this apartment," I said. "I'm not used to it. I can't sleep here. I've tried but I've never gotten past one hour."

Milo nodded.

"Come on," he said, walking me put the out the apartment and to the roof of the building.

"What are we doing up here?" I asked him.

We sat down on one of the chairs that were set up there.

"When I can't sleep, I like looking at the stars. They help," Milo said, pulling you close into his chest.

You sighed happily and snuggled into his chest while quietly watching the stars shining bright above you.