Next Time {Cole Sprouse}

"Y/N, sweetheart, are you okay?" your mother asked you over the phone.

"Yeah, mama, I'm fine. I'm just... stressed," you answered shakily while scrambling to find your other shoe.

"What's going on, baby?" she asked.

"Cole got arrested," you cried then sunk onto your bed. "He's currently being detained."

"I knew it!" you heard your father say. "I knew that good for nothing boy would do this one day!"

"Not now, dad," you pleaded quietly. "Please not now."

Your father has despised Cole since the first day they met. In fact, he's despised all your boyfriends. He just didn't think any of them were good enough.

"I should've never allowed you two to carry on dating. The country is in a crisis and your boyfriend thinks that the best way to handle that is to get arrested? I never liked the stupid son of a —"

"Shut up, dad!" you yelled. "Do you want to know why he was arrested? It's because he was peacefully protesting for Black Lives Matter. So before you make him the bad guy, find out the whole story."

You then hung up the phone and threw it into your purse.

You know you shouldn't have shouted at your dad like that and you were going to apologize later but for now, you had to go bail out your fiancé out of jail.

You grabbed your car keys and left the house in a rush.

TIME SKIP

When you saw Cole, you engulfed him in a hug and he squeezed you back. You kissed him, despite the dirty looks you were receiving from the police.

"I'm so glad you're okay," you said. "Why did you go without me?"

"You were so tired from last time and looked so peaceful sleeping, I just couldn't do it," Cole explained.

"Understandable," you said. "I'm just glad you're out now."

"Yeah, but Y/N, other people were wrongfully arrested," he said.

"I know," you told him. "I bailed them out too."

Cole smiled at you and you smiled back.

"Next time, we go together," you told him. "I don't care how tired I am. We are going to do this together."

"Okay," Cole nodded. "Next time."