Chapter 89

Radhika's POV

I sobbed in his arms but all my anger came back in gale force and I pushed him away.

What I didn't do to make this man happy?!

All I expected, all I ever expected was him to be faithful and be a good husband. Is that too much to ask for?!

" Why?! Didn't you think how much it will hurt me?!" I asked cried.

How could he not understand how much it would damage me and my self esteem?!

"You were Rehan's daughter for me that time and I didn't think it over that much but when I went there, I felt the world closed up on me. I will tell you what happened if you promise that you will forgive me."

He expects me to forgive without knowing what happened between him and that woman! Like seriously?!

"You promise you didn't have sex with her?!"

He nodded and placed his large palm on my baby bump," I swear over my child, Radhika. What other guarantee can I give you?!"

He would have never swore over our child if he would have cheated on me.

" Tell me what happened?!" I asked and I want nothing but the truth.

He told me how intended to fuck that girl and he went there with every intention to fuck her until cows came home but he revealed how he froze when he saw her naked. My blood ran cold when he revealed how he tried to enjoy looking at her but he couldn't.

He shared how he saw me in place of that woman, wounding him with my teary eyes. My screams echoed in his ears as he kept drinking one after another peg of alcohol and passed out later. Oh, Thank God, he did!

Tears welled in my eyes as I realized how much power he has over me. If he had touched that woman, I would have never been able to forget that ever. I would have forgiven because for me, our present matters more than our past but I know in my heart, it would have taken a really long time to mend our marriage.

He tried to touch my face but I slapped his hand away," Don't touch me!"

"I am sorry baby please don't cry, I promise nothing happened, I swear over my baby that I didn't touched her."

He pleaded with me to understand but how can I and why am I expected to understand this.

He would have killed me if I cheated on him and I am expected to forgive this! The nerve of him!

"Why?!" I asked him, staring at him with tears of hurt and pain in my eyes.

He looked at me,"Because I was an asshole and it has nothing to do with you, it was me, all me, trying to prove a point to myself that you meant nothing to me and you were just that bastard's daughter but I failed miserably. I felt sheer disgust for myself and I felt that I have put myself in the same category of my father."

I take in his words and I realise that it must have happened initially in the first week of our marriage when he wanted to hurt me every which way he could. He was such a heartless monster those days and I shudder even when I think about what I endured with him in those days.