Chapter 87

Radhika's POV

I woke up to his earthshattering screams and rushed to his side, he was crying and screaming my name out in his sleep.

" Radhika....wake...up....wake...up..."
He cried, tears streamed down his cheek breaking my heart.

"Radhika....baby....please....you....can't..die."

He was dreaming about my death! Oh God!

I shook him to wake him up and as his eyes shot open, all I saw in them was pain and fear. He got up with a jerk as if I hauled him out of his nightmare. He stared at me, wideeyed with tearstained face. It took him a minute to fully comprehend that it was a dream and he was just dreaming about my death.

He pulled me to himself, cupping my face.

"Are you okay?! He pushed you.....blood.
The....baby....Oh...God....you...were..dead."

I wrapped my arms around his torso tightly, pulling him as close as my baby bump allowed us to be. God! He dreamed that I and our baby are dead! What the hell happened?!

" Everything is fine. I am fine, the baby is fine." I carressed his head, assuring him.

He pulled back and sobbed in my arms like a child and not a grown man.

"He....tried....to...kill...you...I....couldn't....do....anything." He sobbed.

"Who?!" I asked him.

"Father."

My eyes widened in shock, listening to him. What the hell! Why would he dream about his father killing me and our child?!
What kind of a father he had for him to dream such a horrific thing?!

I cupped his face"It's okay, I am okay please calm down."

"It was just a dream, please at least tell me something now." I pleaded with him because its high time I get to know what happened between Arjun and his father.

He pulled back and looked in to my eyes, with fresh tears in his eyes. I had never seen him like this, and it hurts so much to see him like that when he is always in control of himself.

" I saw him, he said I love you and nothing last forever. I hit him when he called you a slut and he killed you...were...dead.."

He cried covering his face in his hands," I...kept..trying. to....wake...you...up..my....baby...was...dead..."

I could still feel him shivering like a leaf, still reeling from the haunting nightmare.

I lifted his face up," Its okay, it was a dream. I am alive." I took his hand and placed it on my baby bump," Your baby is also alive, feel it"

He looked down at my protruding belly as if he still couldn't believe my words without seeing it with his own eyes. I gasped when his tears fell on my stomach, and I couldn't stop my own tears that betrayed my eyes.

"Radhika, he was a bastard." He whispered, his gaze still fixed on my baby bump.

I don't understand how can a person be cruel to his own child?! My father is a vicious man and he has ruined innumerable lives but he loved me and Rahil. Of course that doesn't whitewash his sins but it's beyond me to understand how can a man hurt his own child to the extent that he gets nightmares to this date.

Arjun might say that he hates his father but I know better, he hates his father because he loved him and looked upto him when he was a child.

I wiped his tears," Yet you loved him and wanted him to love you back like any father would love his child."