Chapter 72

Radhika's POV

I felt soothing relief as he pulled me to his chest giving me his warmth that always calms me down. I wrap my arms around him tight and pulled him as closer as I could. Though my little baby bump did not permit a bonecrushing hug but I wanted to feel him as close I could. I did not care if we just had a fight or he had again hurt me but all I cared for was I was very scared and he and only he could comfort me.

" No one is going to die." He broke the hug and took a long look at my tearstained face," You hear me?! I won't let anything happen to you." He said in a tone full of confidence.

"I am scared, Arjun." My lips quivered as I couldn't talk clearly. I was scared for my baby more than for my own life. Rahil will kill the baby if he gets his hands on me.

He pecked my forehead,"Don't be. Nothing will happen."

He kneeled down without breaking eye contact with me and placed his hands on my baby bump. He kissed my belly," Hi, baby it's me your daddy. You don't have to be scared because you are my son." He smiled at me and continued," or daughter. Nothing is ever going to happen to you on my watch. You'll always be safe, loved and cared for because you are mine, all mine. I love your mother and you more than I can ever say." He rose up and looked at me in the eye," You heard me, nothing is ever going to happen to both of you."

I couldn't help but smile feeling elated that he is okay with the idea of having a daughter finally. This is like a small stream in Sahara desert. He said that he will love and take care of our daughter the same way as he would have done for a son. I know he has come a long way for me, for our baby. He has become a better person and I finally can understand that it's me who has changed him. He was never like this. He was cold, cunning and a complete stuck up but never loving, caring and supportive. If he could do so much for me then I think I could forgive that he was only interested in my body in the past. He has been so, so good to me in this one month except for the little fights here and there. I agree he is not my Mr Right who I dreamed about but now I realise that no one is really the Mr Right. Mr Right is just a superfluous concept. There are no prince charming in real life. What is most important is to love the man the way he is and to be loved by that man with the same passion. I know I don't love Arjun half as much as he loves me. I will not be so insecure anymore because that just makes me a bitter person and strains our relationship. I will try to overlook his past and everything because I love him so much. I will hold his hand in the darkness and be his light the way he has been my saviour so far.

When we reached the third floor and stopped in front of the forbidden door. I could put things together and conclude that he didn't wanted me to escape as this door leads you outside the property. God! This was so close. He put a key inside the keyhole and opened it wide open for three of us to enter. Lily was tailing behind us as we walked inside a place that was hidden in the dark with only a little light creeping inside from a small hole in the roof.

Arjun had his hand tightly wrapped around my waist to prevent me from falling on my fanny. We walked ahead until we heard a voice that sounded so much like Arjun. Like it felt as if it was him but he had not spoken a word to me since we entered inside. Perhaps he was more focused on watching his steps in the darkness.

"Hey elder brother." That voice said.

Elder brother?! Who is he referring to?! The only male here is ARjun so can it be so that he is referring to him?!

My eyes widened as saucers when I saw the face of the man whose voice we all heard. He looked like my husband! From head to toe, he was my husband's carbon copy. My eyes halted at his eyes that were the only thing that set him apart from Arjun. Arjun has black eyes and this man had ambers.