Chapter 86

Arjun's POV

I was walking down the stairs, tying my watch on my wrist and my eyes fell on a man about my height standing in the hall with his back facing me. He had a strong built like mine that I could make out. Who the fuck was it?!

As I neared him, he turned towards me, revealing his face, and I stumbled backwards as if I saw a ghost for the first time in my life. My hands and feet started to shiver and my heart was beating like a drum in my chest.

Father! This is a dream! I am dreaming! He is dead. I lit his pyre myself. This can't be true.

"Hello, Son." He addressed me formally the way he used to, looking at me with his pitch dark eyes that could make me piss in my pants when I was a kid.

I looked up at him with fear," You...are...dead."

"Am I?! I believe life and death are two sides of the same coin. I am alive in you, inside you and through you. You are my son."

"Son?! Son that you terrorized when he was just four years old! Son that you had beaten up till he puked blood! Son that you tried to burn in your anger! Son that you kept locked in dungeon for three days without food and water! Need I say more, Father?!"

"I did it for your own good. I was trying to discipline you. I love you, Arjun, you are my son, the only person I ever loved."

"Love?! This word feels like a cuss from your mouth, Father."

"I think you have understood a new definition of love from your new slut."

"Wife. She is not a slut. Dare you say that word again!" I threatened him.

"She is not good for you. You have changed in to a weak man who kisses the ground your wife walks on."

"Still far better than the man who use to beat his wife day and night and fucked a different whore every single day in front of his wife!"

He smiled crudely,"Men are entitled to this behavior."

"Father, I have spend whole my life trying not to be you and nothing you say or do is going to change my mind about what kind of man you were especially what kind of a shitty father you were."

"Son, let bygones be bygones, I am here to talk about you not about me. She is no good for you, you deserve far better than her. Can't you see it, she is corrupting your mind with her sweet words?! Remember nothing last forever." He replied sardonically.

"Our love will, Father. If you had loved mother even quarter inch of how much I love Radhika, she would have been alive today and we all would have been together. You ruined our family! You ruined my entire childhood...."

He cuts me off,"I was doing my best for you but you are an ungrateful fucker!"

"You did what was best for you, Father. You didn't want me because I was your child, you wanted me because I was a male child, you wanted me because you wanted an heir and you didn't wanted anyone to challenge your legacy. Had I been a girl, you wouldn't have even given me a chance to live!"

"When you were younger, much younger, you didn't even had the courage to look me in the eye let alone raise your voice in front me. God! I loved the fear in your eyes. I loved how you shivered like a leaf when I use to be in the same room. You have changed, Son and I think that slut of yours is to be blamed for...."