Chapter 13- The Face-off

Radhika stood beside Arjun who was giving strict instructions to security heads about their safety measures. Her eyes were continuously searching Mathew who had disappeared like he never existed, She cursed herself for whatever Arjun must have done to that poor guy. She still had no clue about the strong friendship shared by Arjun and Mathew.

She also moved her gaze all around the place. It was a big stadium located at the outskirts of the city, She understood they were flying in a private jet. There were no other passengers other than her husband's men. All of them were dressed in black suits and almost all had put on black sunglasses. Their faces were expressionless and their eyes were stony, dark and emotionless.

Just then the jet arrived, Everyone present there formed a queue and made way for Arjun. Everything took place in a well organized manner, Radhika stared at Arjun who had a neutral expression as if they didn't just had a tiff some time ago.  When he pulled her to him and walked ahead of her almost dragging her behind him, she found it difficult to pace up with his fast long strides.

When they were all seated and the jet took off, she gazed at Arjun who was sitting beside her who had his eyes closed as he was resting his head back She had many questions to ask and she didn't knew from where to start.

She poked her finger on his bicep and mumbled, " Arjun...."

Arjun without opening his eyes hummed," Huh?!"

She queried," Why are we flying in a private jet?!"

Arjun replied cockily with his eyes still closed, " How does that bother you?! You don't ask me questions only you answer mine, get this straight! "

In his mind, he was nervous about Mark's reaction to his decision. The old man would be very crossed with him and call him immature and irresponsible, two words that he hated. He was thinking about a good explaination for his actions but inside he knew, no explaination would be good enough for marrying Rehan's daughter.

He wasn't in the mood to hold any kind of conversation with anyone let alone Radhika. He wanted her to shut up and go to sleep so he can think about what next.

Radhika in a irritated cranky tone," You are a jerk, I just asked you one simple question. I didn't ask you some underworld mafia don's secrets."

Arjun spoke in a tone full of ire, " I don't want to get bugged by press in public areas that that is why we are flying in private jet. Anymore questions your highness?!" He asked sarcastically.

Radhika asked," Why are all your men dressed in black?! "

Radhika was enjoying this because his face contored expressing how irritated he was with her and she knew that he won't hit her in front of his men.

Arjun cursed under his breath," Bloody headache! What did I get myself into?!" He replied," That is what men in a mafia squad wear."

Radhika chirped," Why aren't you dressed in black then?!"

Arjun clenched his fist hard and spoke gritting his teeth," Because I am the Boss."

Radhika questioned hiding her michieveous smile, " Why aren't there any women present in the jet except me and Mary?!"

Arjun glared at her and snarled," Because Mary z the only female attendant we have. I don't hire woman in my house for any sort of work but Mary z a exception because she is serving us from my father's time."

Radhika furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and spoke, " Why don't you hire woman?!"

He placed his finger on her lips and snapped," Shut up! Just shut the fuck  up. How many questions do you want to ask in a day?! I haven't tolerated anyone so much. Woman look more beautiful when they keep quiet so should you."