Chapter 76

Radhika's POV

I couldn't sleep alone in our bed as it felt too large and too empty. I miss resting my head on Arjun's chest after he has exhaused me to sleep. I miss intertwining our hands together and admiring how perfectly we fit together. I miss every single thing from him caressing my face in the morning to him kissing my forehead in the night.

Where are you, Arjun?! I don't think I can take this distance anymore. I would have taken my life had I not been with this baby. It's just my love for this child that is keeping me alive.

I was standing watching the moon that looks so beautiful. It's strangely comforting to watch the sky full of stars. I have always loved star gazing. It has been my favourite thing to do since the time I was a kid. Arjun wouldn't allow me more than five minutes because he would say that the air is too cold for my health and he doesn't want me to catch cold. How I wish he will reprimand me today and drag me back to our room. How I wish he will make love to me. I miss his touch on my body but most of all I miss hearing his heartbeats when my face is in par with his heart.

I think I shouldn't stay here for too long. If I catch cold then it won't be good for my baby. I turned to leave but stopped when I realised I wasn't alone here. He stood there watching me and I didn't like the way he was staring at me. For whatever reason but I didn't want him staring at me.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked him.

"I can ask you the same?!" He replied.

No you can't! This is my husband's house and I can roam here freely.

I stared at him icily,"This is my house and I don't need your permission to roam freely here."

"This is my house too." He said as he walked towards me.

The nerve of him to claim this house as his. This is only Arjun's house and no one else's!

"This is my husband's house and you are not him." I stated rigidly.

"Are you always like this?!" He asked me.

"Like what?!" I queried him.

A smile coiled on his lips,"Fiesty?! Do you always talk back or it's just me who is bringing this out of you?!"

Oh he thinks he brings out this side out of me. He should be told that he means nothing to me and I just hate him.

I shake my head in disapproval," You can never affect me in any way. All I feel for you is hatred."

Because of you I am alone without my husband. It's only because of you my and my child's future is put on a back burner now. I don't know what's going to happen to us. It's all your fault!

He stares me in the eye"Arjun wasn't a good man either. You know all about his sex escapades right?!" He asked me in a demanding tone.

Of course I know but that's all in the past. I am done bemoaning Arjun for what he did in his life before me. I have hurt myself and him a lot over this and now it feels like waste of energy and time. What's important is that Arjun never strayed or cheated on me. He doesn't even look at other women anymore and he has been pretty much vocal about that.

"He didn't hide anything from me. He never cheated on me but why am I telling you all this?!" I asked myself not really paying any heed to him.

"That's not important. You know Radhika, believe it or not he has blindfolded you with his love but you never got to see the world outside because you are blinded by your love. You don't know anything except Arjun and that is what he wanted. You are not a wife but a beautiful object that sits high on the shelf and pleases him. Tell me the last time you have done something crazy?! Something which made your ears hear the thumping of your heart?!" He pleaded with me to answer that though it is of no concern to him.