Chapter 45

Arjun's POV

When I opened my eyes after a peaceful sleep, I was upset to not to find Radhika coccooned in my arms. Where have you gone mama bear?! Yes, mama bear because she has perfectly slipped into the role of a protective mom. I think I should really go find her. She must eat on time and I must make sure of that. We also have an appointment and we need to leave soon.

I take a quick shower and exit my room but my face turned sullen as I ran in to Lily who looked as if she aged in a day. She looked so messed on whole. I felt bad for her but what can I do?!

Her eyes were puffy and blotchy from crying and when she saw me, her eyes watered again as she shivered looking at him. I know she still loves me and I am being unfair to her but I have no other option. When I take a step towards her, she took to her heel towards her room.

I look ahead and my eyes widened in shock looking at my insolent little vixen galloping down the stairs. What the fuck is wrong with her?! I jogged towards her and caught her by her shoulder. As much as I want to scold her but I don't want to sullen her mood.

"Radhika, stop jumping down the stairs. It's not safe."

I gently hold her and wrap my hand around her waist. Fuck! I feel tingles touching her there where my son is. I talk softly,"You have to be careful baby. It's not just you now."

Her face splits in to one wide smile and I cannot help but smile back secretly. I make her walk slowly and steadily and I think I have even caught her grumpily glaring at me. She thinks I did not see, but sweetheart I have eyes at sides and at my back too.

I pull out a chair for her gentlemenly and make her sit. I myself take a seat beside her. Now what would the new mamacita like to have?!

I chide her," You know what you must not climb stairs until you give birth."

She replies in a defiant tone,"You want me to fly from the room to wherever I want to go."

I hate it when someone disrespects me like that. Had she not been pregnant, I would have taken her to my room and spanked her until she says sorry but of course I can't do it while she is pregnant.

I say in a way to scold her, "Will you stop with that snide comments?! I think I am going to have a son who is going to back answer like you do."

God help me if this comes true! I'll go bald plucking out my all hair in worry and frustration.

She says casually, "Oh I'll be delighted if he comes out like me."

I retort, "Oh please I'll have a coronary if he takes after your personality. He should be my mini me."

A little Arjun! How fucking wonderful! What she doesn't knows is that I want him to have her beautiful brown eyes which warms heart in the first glance. If only I had one!

I find her lost in thoughts so I ask,"Thinking about me?!"

She replies, "No your son."

What is she thinking?! I hope about me.

I query, "Are you picturizing him like me?!"

"Yes."

Ah, How does he look in her mind?!

I asks impatiently, "He looks like me or you in your thoughts?!"

"I want him to look like you but should have my kindness and my compassion."

She wants him to look like me. This is just unfuckingbelievable! What I haven't done to break and bend her?! Even after all this she is sitting beside me and not throwing insults at me. She wants our son to look like me. Is that my long dead conscience pricking me?! I shouldn't feel all this. I cannot be weak and have a conscience. I am not supposed to have one. Still out of nowhere an urge to thank her takes birth but as usual I don't.