Desperate

Bored I sat on the sofa. I was finished with waiting and stared at the metal rods infront of me. I heard the key turning in the door. The boy was back picking up the empty dishes. I looked at him while he tried to gather them. He left the door open behind him. I ran out as fast as possible not really thinking how pointless it could be. I knew there was just this cave maze but I wasn't thinking, I just ran. I was out the door and just down some hallways. I couldn't see the boy. Was he after me? Did he say anything?

I looked around and ran further. Every cavewall looked the same. It slowly got darker. I ran away from my cell. Further and further. Where was the exit? I knew there had to be one. It just had to. And I will find it. I was desperate now. I will find it. No matter what.
I ran around for another while, looking for the wall the boy once slipped through, even though I had no idea how it actually looked like, because it wasn't really different from any other cavewall.

I knew it was pointless but I couldn't stop. I just couldn't. It was like I was obsessed with running around, searching for that wall. I was desperate. I screamed, banging my hands against the next best wall. I screamed so loudly the ground and walls seemed to shake. At least a tiny bit. In my head. In my mind. Here to stay, hard to find.
I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was laying on the cold, hard stone ground.
Hey, I was still in the cave maze. Not in my cell. This was strange. Very strange.
Slowly I stood up. It was dark around me. Where exactly was I?