What Would I...

My sence of time told me it was 5 pm. I will get lunch in an hour. I wondered if I will really get what I told the boy. I felt kinda tired from drawing and laid on my bed. After a while I fell asleep. When I woke up again, there was something near the cell door. Slowly I stood up and went to the entrence. I kneeled down and looked at a plate with fish, potatoes and sauce and a plate with different cakes just like I ordered a few hours before. I little smile formed on my face and I started eating the warm food. It tasted good. While eating I realised there was a candle and a match box laying near the door. Hm...
Maybe that could work and I won't be so blind in the darkness.

I will try and get out in the morning then. 7 am. I had to wake up early. Earlier then usual. I sighed. Maybe I had to skip breakfast and eat it later. I wondered if the boy will know what my plans were. He got me a candel after all, he wanted to to explore the outside. Didn't wanted me to be blind in the darkness. I hoped it will work and I won't end up hit down on the ground and waking up in my bed  again.

I finished eating the fish and started with my dessert, the cakes. There was a chocolate browny, a blueberry pie, strawberry cake and a vanilla muffin with caramel filling. They all tasted very good. I remembered baking cakes with my mum and my little sister some years ago. It was a mess but so fun and our cakes were really good. I also loved making cookies every year before Christmas and Halloween. We always had the best Halloween cookies with scary shapes like bats, pumpkins, ghosts, witches, cats, crosses, coffins, tomb stones, vampires, monsters and more. I sighed again. What would I give for baking with my family again.