Wth

I was still standing in the hallway, unsure of what I should do. The right path or the left one? Back or forward? And what about this feeling? What the hell was that? I was so confused. I was never in such a situation before, making such a choice. I never felt this strange feeling before. What was it?

I looked at the dark cave walls and was trying to find something. A hint, a difference, anything. Anything that could help me with my decision which path I should take, or what this feeling could really be about. My eyes searched the darkness but I couldn't find anything. I was alone. Always alone and on my own. I sighed. I had to make my decision. I couldn't just sit down here and do nothing.

You know what? It didn't really matter. I could still go back to take another path if it really was the wrong one. The worst thing that could happen was me getting hit down again and waking up in my bed in my cell again. I didn't have to be afraid.

My eyes focused on the path where I had this strange feeling and I went ahead. I felt my heart beating quickly. The feeling seemed to get stronger. I still didn't know what it was. Maybe I was just nervous and it was nothing, just me overthinking. But why now and why here?

After a few seconds I reached the end of the hallway. A dead end. I knew it wasn't an exit, did I? It was just me walking around in this cave maze leading to nothing. I sighed. Back we go again. Wrong path.
With one last look at the wall, I realised that I probably should analyse it at least. That it really wasn't anything but a dead end. No secret door to slip through or something.

Slowly I touched the wall with one hand and searched it with my eyes. Then I used my second hand too, to find some kind of trigger or button. But there really was nothing. No cracks, nor holes. Just hard, cold stone. I turned around and went back, taking the other path. I didn't think much about what would await me.