Open Door

Slowly I shock off my feeling of surprise and confusion and went to the cell door. I looked outside. Dark as always. I could just go out. I was very curious what my suroundings would look like and started to get nervous. I should probably eat something before it gets cold. I wasn't really hungry but I looked at what I got. There was a dish with curry, chicken, rice and nuts which looked delicious, a bowl with vegetables and sauce, a bowl with pasta and hash, a bowl with milk rice and a plate with semolina, sugar and pineapple pieces. It all looked so good, I didn't know with what I should start.

I tasted the vegetables and the curry first, then the pasta and decided on eating the whole curry and half the bowl with vegetables because they tasted the best. As dessert I ate half of the semolina and half of the milk rice. That was enough. While eating I nearly forgot about the open door, I just focused on the food and it was just so good. When I was finished I washed my hands in the sink and walked out of my room. It felt so strange being outside and leaving my room.

I looked around but it was really dark. I could only adumbrate the cave walls. I went down the hallway. I could hear my heartbeat. It was so fast and loud. I was so nervous. What was out there? One last time I looked back to my room and hardly saw the metal rods. It was so dark. I looked at the open cell door. Hopefully it will still be open when I come back.

I walked around in the cave for a while. My nervousness decreased a little after time. The cave Was similar to the one I was before but I didn't know if it was the same. There were a lot of hallways and dead ends like in the other but I just wasn't sure.