poison//atsushi and fukuzawa//

-fluff and bit of angst?

-au-atsushi is a taste tester for fukuzawa because people wanted him dead.

Warning: mention of experiments.

(inspired by the apothecary diaries! Pacifically the character named maomao!)

(this idea sucks I'm doing it anyways)

Short(763)
Not canon reaction
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Third person pov

Atsushi was once experimented on by shibusawa, until someone save him. natsume was a kind man and was going to raise atsushi but atsushi could smell poison and if it didn't have a smell, he could taste it. "This is poison..there's poison in it." Atsushi said to natsume and natsume looked surprised but it was true. Atsushi is allowed to eat poison due to his ability so it doesn't hurt him in any way. natsume found that interesting and he decided to test it out a bit just in case it wasn't real but it was.

"So..this kid..can eat poison with no problem?" Mori said, mori was a doctor so it makes sense, he was skeptical and fukuzawa was looking at natsume like he crazy. "Atsushi is fine because of his ability." natsume explained and atsushi just started at fukuzawa.  Atsushi didn't have a problem eating poison at all, which probably make atsushi crazy. "Atsushi is fine with eating poison...fukuzawa, I know your food gets poison a lot because people want to kill you so what if atsushi taste of food see if it's poison?" natsume ask and fukuzawa just looked shocked and mori didn't say shit.

"He literally a child!!" Fukuzawa yell and atsushi just smiled. Mori honestly thought atsushi was creepy but he didn't say anything as fukuzawa and natsume argue, in the end fukuzawa agree and he would also be taking care of atsushi too. Atsushi was happy about that, and atsushi start to love eating poison, which probably makes him a sociopath. Fukuzawa hated it, atsushi was only a kid but atsushi didn't mind as soon fukuzawa got used to it. When atsushi was old enough he joined the agency and no one knew about atsushi basically being a taste tester for poison but soon they would find out because you can't keep a secret forever.

Atsushi was doing his work as fukuzawa walked into the main room because he needed atsushi to taste his food for poison. "No poison." Atsushi said with a smile and fukuzawa just nodded. The agency member looked at atsushi like he crazy and they were confused. "poison?" Kenji said and atsushi completely forgot they didn't know. "Oh! I taste fukuzawa food for poison because people wanted him dead." Atsushi calmly says and the whole agency was shocked. "Poison doesn't affect me or anything because of my ability so I can eat poison like normal foods basically." Atsushi explained and fukuzawa just nodded, which confirmed everything was true.

"What the fuck!?" Dazai said, he was so flabbergasted by that and now he's scared of his own student. Kunkida just didn't say anything and yosano look concerned while kyouka was worried for atsushi. "I didn't want atsushi doing this..because he was kid, when he start to do this but atsushi was fine with it so I couldn't argue because..atsushi uses puppy dog eyes on me." Fukuzawa explained, atsushi cuteness is so adorable that you can't resist it.

"Atsushi..are you actually alright?" Kyouka ask and atsushi just nodded. "I'm fine with it.." Atsushi said with a smile as he get back to work and fukuzawa walk away, leaving the agency member in shock. "we all just heard that right?" Tanizaki ask and everyone just nodded so they weren't hallucinating that and it was all true. "Wow..What.." Naomi said, she was completely confused and shocked at the same time. "I'm scared of atsushi now.." Dazai whisper to himself and everyone should be scared to be honest because atsushi isn't normal.

Atsushi basically went to work as the other stare at him and they question reality, even ranpo was surprised too because he knew nothing and he knew fukuzawa the longest as well. Afar a while, the agency member got over there shocked but they we're still questioning lots of things because everyone questions it. "Mori think atsushi is creepy because of atsushi liking poison." Fukuzawa said, they obviously asked the president about it. Atsushi was also there and he nodded in agreement. The agency did get there questions answered but now they're a bit of overprotective with atsushi now and yosano does lot check up on him. Atsushi doesn't mind and he love tasting food for poison.

(😭 this is so terrible)