CH | 46

With that, she strode to her room and got the first aid box. She took the antiseptic and bandage with her and came to him.

He didn't mutter anything, just stared at her in a new light. "Let me clean this. Okay?" She asked slowly, and he nodded.

She moved forward to him and cleaned the dried blood marks on the corner of his lips while her long eyelashes shuddered while looking at them.

She blew air softly on the bruises while his gaze never left her. His deep black eyes wanted to swallow her in his pools as his heated gaze settled on her quivering lips.

He wanted to taste those delicious lips, and he licked his lips with a gulp as heat rose in his insides.

Her breath hitting his face made him feel her sweetness, and his cheeks turned hot. Though he was trying his best to keep a blank expression, his insides were tormented with her kindness.

"Is she really this good, or she's pretending to be such?" His inner voice snapped at him.

Instantly, his heart yelled, "You dumbhead, can't you see her care in her pure eyes?"

A battle between his heart and brain rose, making him speculate, "When did I become such a person with no control?"

He's glancing at her and saving her picture in his head without blinking. A glint appeared in his dark eyes, "maybe I can attempt to be a good husband?"

After she was done cleaning the wounds on his handsome face, she took his hands and cleaned his knuckles.

"Why are you doing this, Pranavi?" He asked in his low yet deep husky voice.

"Should there be any specific reason to do this?" She stared him in the eye and asked with a slight smile on her pink lips.

He just gazed at her while she answered, "I'm your legally wedded wife. Isn't that enough?"

He inhaled a chunk of air and remained silent while she proceeded with her cleansing of wounds.

There's nothing much in between them, but the scene seemed warm. They both were in harmony as if they were enjoying this pleasant time with each other.

With the commotion, the maids and butler woke up and saw the heartwarming scene in front of their eyes, and they felt happy.

"It seems their master and madam will soon be on good terms." They thought.

"Since when does Mr. Oberoi allow anyone other than his personal doctor to treat him?" The Butler pondered while a slight smile rested on his curved lips.

"It seems he's diving towards madam." His eyes crinkled, and his wrinkled face gave a pleasing nod, "these two were suited to each other."

Looking at the lovely couple, they all left silently leaving the long night to the two of them

...

Looking at the focused Pranavi in front of him, he couldn't help but want to get close to her involuntarily.

Her hands were soft to the touch as if he applied little pressure, they would break then and there.

The fragrance surrounding her is soothing his heart bit by bit.

When he's lost in the daze of his alluring wife, her velvety voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"How did you get these bruises on you?"

"It's not a big deal." He became stiff when he heard her question. "This damned girl still didn't forget to get her answers."

"Well, it's a big deal to me then." She shrugged her hands, making a long face to which Jwalin wanted to laugh but kept a disdainful expression on his face.