CH | 79

Aarushi's words rang in Pranavi's ears as she clearly felt the annoyance and anger radiating off from Aarushi's tone.

Unable to control her curiosity any longer, she queried with furrowed brows, "Is something bothering you, duffer?"

Hearing her words, Aarushi's lower lip quivered and her teeth sunk into her heart-shaped lips as if she was trying to control her emotions but was failing miserably as Pranavi knew her in and out like her own.

Eyeing the scrutinizing glare Pranavi was giving her, a sigh escaped her lips, and her head bent down in dejection when Pranavi walked closer to her and held her shoulder in encouragement, "it didn't matter whatever the situation you were facing right now, you know that Shreya and I were always with you, right?"

Aarushi nodded when her eyes turned slightly wet and she mumbled while her voice cracked a little, "It's complicated, Pranavi."

Listening to the way Aarushi expressed herself, Pranavi roughly had an idea that things weren't so simple, so she hummed in response and was waiting for her to continue when Aarushi muttered with a wink, "Call Shreya over. I obviously don't want to repeat it to her."

Seeing the change of emotion, Pranavi released a sigh as the playful Aarushi was back, but little did she know that Aarushi was just pretending so that she could stop worrying about her.

Pranavi replied, "alright," while her hands were already typing the message to Shreya, "Shreya, come to 'Exotic'. We must have a girl's night right now."

Almost instantly, Shreya responded, "Okay. I'll be there shortly."

After she was satisfied, she glanced at Aarushi and grabbed her hand while dragging her to the other part of the club, "let's go somewhere private?"

"Will that be alright?" Aarushi asked softly as if she was afraid Jwalin would be angry, but Pranavi guessed it wasn't aimed at Jwalin, instead, it was for Kuldeep.

And Pranavi gave a nonchalant response, "Why wouldn't it be?"

Hearing that, Aarushi was dumbfounded and let out the words that were bothering her, "Because Jwalin and Kuldeep were waiting."

"I'd let Jwalin know, and he would manage the rest about Kuldeep," Pranavi stated, and almost immediately she dialed Jwalin when Aarushi's eyes widened and by the time she decided to hang up the call from Pranavi's hands, Jwalin already answered it and she bit her lips, frustrated!

"Pranavi?" Jwalin muttered in his calm magnetic tone while light sounds of music could be heard from the other end of the phone when Pranavi hummed but remained silent as she was unsure of how to say it to Jwalin.

Sensing the calmness from Pranavi, Jwalin stood up from his seat and walked slightly away with the glass of whisky swirling in his hands. He queried with raised brows, "What's wrong, baby girl?"

His pleasant yet domineering tone sent butterflies flying in her stomach, but she controlled herself to not get affected by his charms since this wasn't the time to think about her pleasure when her best friend was in some serious trouble.

With that, she took a deep breath and stated, "Jwalin. I and Aarushi need to discuss some things. So, we'd be staying in another room."

Hearing that, Jwalin frowned but nonetheless remained silent when Pranavi added, "Could you inform the same to Kuldeep? I mean I know it's kind of absurd, but it was needed, so if you don't mind..."

Before she finished her sentence, Jwalin cut her off, "I don't mind. But don't stay too late and let me know which room you were in."

As she heard his words, a light smile spread across her face and she mumbled, "Okay. Thank you, hubby!"