CH | 148

I know I'm very late and must have been disappointing you all for a while... my apologies.

I'll try to be regular. At least 2-3 updates a week without fail.

A post-birthday treat to you all...

Enjoy...

...

"You won't like the consequences of disobeying me, Babydoll. Don't complain to me later that I didn't warn you."

Shreya remained dumbfounded upon hearing Jathin's words, but the voice inside her head pushed her not to give in to him. With the newfound determination, she took a deep breath and retorted, "I'm not your puppet, Jathin. You better behave well or I won't sit idle."

The moment words escaped her mouth, Jathin's gaze turned dark, chilling her soul, and his large palm settled on her throat, not in a tight grip but enough to restrict her smooth airflow, making her gasp for air.

Her eyes widened in panic, and she patted his hand to let her breathe, but Jathin didn't budge in the slightest. Instead, he grabbed both her hands in his firm grip and raised them above her head, making her wince in pain, and she was certain it would give her bruises.

His sinister aura isn't making it any easier for her, and his words make her lose the tiniest hope she had for this marriage, "If you think you have any control in this marriage or on me, Babydoll, then you're so wrong. The sooner you adjust to the changes in your life, the better it will be for you."

Shreya gasped hard to breathe while her body shivered at how vicious he was looking right now as if he wouldn't even hesitate to kill her just by snapping her neck when he spat in his dangerously low voice that created terrors in her core, "You will behave like an obedient submissive wife from this moment on or I won't hesitate to show you your place."

When she thought she was nearing the unconscious state with a lack of breath, he left her to breathe and she panted hard, hungry for as much oxygen as she could get in a short time.

"Wh... why...?" Shreya trailed off, her head bent, her voice was so soft and if Jathin wasn't giving his full attention to her, he wouldn't be able to hear her.

Jathin held her chin with his index and thumb fingers and raised her head to meet his level, his brown orbs stared intensely for a while when she managed to ask, her eyes watered, her voice shaky, "Why are you doing this to me?"

"My reputation means everything to me, Shreya. I cannot encourage slutty behavior when you're my wife!" He seethed while his hold on her chin tightened as if he wanted to break her jaw making her wince in pain.

"I am not a slut!" Shreya raised her voice while a lone tear escaped her eyes, her lips wobbled, and a pained expression settled on her face.

Jathin's lips smacked into a thin line, rage churning in his veins and he barked, his brown eyes turning almost black, "Didn't I tell you to never raise your voice on me?"

Shreya's body visibly trembled at his outburst but he showed no mercy, "This is a critical time for me, Shreya. I cannot and will not tolerate anything that may sabotage the coming election results. You aren't an exception."

Shreya inhaled a chunk of air and nodded, resigning to her fate, when he continued, his stern tone was making her afraid of him, "Not a word should go out of this room irrespective of what happens between us. Not even to Sister-in-Law."

His thumb pad traced her tears and wiped them softly, the roughness in his touch made her aware of his actions, "If I heard anything of that sort, Babydoll, the consequences will be very worse for you. Trust me, you'll realize I'm being very nice to you right now."