CH | 142

"Who are you, mam?" Pranavi's question made all of them stunned including Jwalin even though he more or less expected such an outcome.

Jwalin held her hand and squeezed it under the table while his obsidian eyes flickered between the SuryaVanshi family and Pranavi, his face still cold yet there were traces of concern for Pranavi as he was afraid her mood would worsen once she got to know she Dharani is.

Arjun and Brijesh remained stiff as if they became a block of wood, their coffee-brown orbs staring at her bewildered, unsure of what to say to her, and a lump formed in their throat.

Dharani on the other hand is a total lost cause as tears pooled in her hazel brown eyes upon hearing Pranavi's words. In fact, that is the first word Pranavi spoke to her after she entered the room.

Dharani smacked her lips and tried to control the rising turmoil in her insides but was failing miserably as she couldn't digest the fact that her newfound daughter couldn't recognize her anymore, and the first word she heard from her after sixteen freaking years was, "who am I to her?"

Seeing such a change of emotions from happiness to extreme anguish on Dharani's face made Pranavi feel bad as she understood she must have said something wrong and made this woman who was looking like her upset, but she really had no idea who this woman was.

"I... I am your moth...," Dharani opened her mouth but before she completed her words, Arjun squeezed Dharani's hands, stopping her from saying the words.

Understanding the hint, Dharani cleared her throat, clenched her hands into fists to not lose her cool, and mumbled, her tone shaky, "I am Arjun and Brijesh's mother."

As soon as Pranavi heard that, realization struck her insides and her face paled as she understood this woman was possibly her mother and she didn't even remember her nor recognize her.

With the newfound information, Pranavi gasped for air as her insides felt constricted and suddenly a bolt of pain hit her head making her shut her eyes while she sunk her teeth into her lips.

Seeing her that way made Jwalin panic and he immediately whispered in her ear, a frown dancing on his forehead, his tone hurried, "Baby girl, are you in pain?"

Dharani, Arjun, and Brijesh were puzzled and stared at her with questioning gazes as they had no idea what Pranavi was going through.

Pranavi managed to say despite her throbbing pain, her forehead now sweating with the amount of pain she was tolerating silently, "Yes. Jwalin... my med... medicine."

Instantly Jwalin picked up her handbag, opened it, and tore open the medicine. He took her hands, placed the tablet in her palms, and brought the glass of water to her lips and Pranavi swallowed the medicine.

The scene happened so naturally that seemed like he was used to such occurrences while the SuryaVanshi family was now worried about her health.

Jwalin gently stroked her back while she gave a soft smile to him making his insides melt and clench at the same time.

Eyeing Pranavi forcing herself to stay calm despite the pain made him furious and she understood that well with the subtle changes in his jaw and the way his eyes were becoming hard, she murmured, "I am okay, Jwalin. I just... got a sharp pain with the stimulation probably and it'll go in a few minutes."

Jwalin pressed his lips into a thin line and stared at her with his piercing orbs, "If the pain doesn't subside in ten minutes, I am taking you home."

Pranavi nodded and he couldn't stop himself from patting her head in adoration, he couldn't help himself but add, "Don't force yourself, baby girl. You will get more chances to meet them from now on."