CH | 69

Pranavi's mind was a mess, and she didn't know where to go as she strode to a nearby park and sat there while tears were flowing from her eyes like a burst-out dam.

But the pain in her heart wasn't reduced, instead, it was increasing with each passing minute and she thought she was foolish to even believe that Jwalin liked her.

"How can I match up to his level?" She muttered under her breath in a pained voice. Her cracked voice resembled her broken heart.

A chuckle escaped her lips when she thought, "Well what can I expect in my life?"

"But was hoping for happiness a crime?" She asked herself since she knew she never had a home, but with Jwalin, she believed he was her home.

"So, didn't I deserve to have a happy home? What wrong did I do to always end up like this?" She wiped her tears with the back of her hands as she was lost in thoughts.

And suddenly the haunting voices which were quieted down for a while awoke in her mind, "didn't you know you were a sinner?"

"How can a sinner like you expect to be happy for the rest of your life?"

"How pathetic of you to even want to have that?"

As the voices came to life, her already pale face turned even paler. She shut her ears with her hands and closed her eyes tightly, hoping they would calm down because she knew she couldn't take it anymore and would collapse anytime soon if this continued.

Reviving her past memories itself was tough, now added to her heartbreak, it became too hard for her and she stared at the dark sky, but the three stars that she always saw weren't visible today.

The bitterness spread to the depths of her heart as she sat there.

She didn't know how much time had passed, as she was seated like a broken rag doll in the dark night.

Unknowingly, the dark sky had a bolt of thunderous lightning, and a sharp pain kicked in her head.

As the thunders grew, her throbbing ache increased and she felt as if she would die anytime soon with the impact she was having.

Soon, drops of rain showered on her hair and she was totally drenched in a few minutes.

Despite the cold, she curled into a ball as she hugged herself, and her trembling body felt weak.

As if the heavens showed pity on her, her phone rang but she didn't answer it.

However, it kept on ringing repeatedly increasing her headache and she answered without seeing the caller's name as her eyes were already blurred and the rain wasn't helping her either.

Shreya actually felt too lonely and thought that calling Pranavi over would help her relieve herself.

With that thought, Shreya dialed Pranavi, but to her surprise, she didn't answer it, and panic settled in her nerves.

Because she already knew of her illness, she began to worry for Pranavi and roamed inside her house while dialing her number.

Afraid that something had happened to her, she dialed continuously and almost shrieked in worry when the call finally connected, "Pranavi!"

"Pranavi, are you alright?" Shreya queried but heard no response and was becoming agitated.

But hearing the sounds of rain and light sobs from Pranavi, Shreya was alarmed and shouted, "Pranavi, where are you?"

Instantly, she answered, "ABC Park."

Listening to her hoarse voice, Shreya was sure something was up and she said firmly, "Stay over there. I'm coming for you."