CH | 124

We're close to 38k reads!!

Super long chapter lovelies.

I need more comments and votes guys. 150 people are at least reading regularly, but barely 20 are voting and a handful are commenting. I'm not sure why the numbers are so low guys. 

Enjoy...

...

"My Wife?" Jwalin asked, unsure if he had heard correctly or if his mind was playing tricks, but when Ananya hummed with conviction, he lost it.

With a slight pause, he queried while his onyx pools turned chilly, "What is it about her?"

"You would know it once you're home." With that said, she hung up making him pissed off.

"The audacity?" Jwalin sneered and ran his fingers through his silky hair while he clenched his hands into tight fists and pondered while a scowl danced on his face, "Did she get something against Pranavi?"

In the next second, he muttered under his breath, "That must be it." Because if not for it, there was no way Ananya could be so bold in front of him.

However, he couldn't help but wonder when he recalled Ananya's voice, "What was that about Pranavi that made that woman so fucking angry?" Because he was certain if Ananya was serious, then it might not be a piece of good news to him or Pranavi.

With a huff, he inhaled a deep breath and pursed his lips into a thin line, "Whatever it might be, Babygirl, I will make sure no harm comes to you. It's a promise I made to myself, and I intend to keep it."

Jwalin strode towards their bedroom with deep thoughts in his mind and upon seeing her peaceful sleeping silhouette, his heart, and mind instantly calmed from all the turmoil, and a soft smile crept upon his lips.

Slowly, he moved closer to her, leaned towards her forehead, and placed a gentle kiss and in the next instant, she stilled.

Seeing her movements, Jwalin understood she was awake and whispered in her ear while sensually nibbling her ears, "Go to sleep, Babygirl. I'll be back before you're awake again."

Hearing his words made her close her eyes involuntarily and she fell asleep as she was still drowsy and on medicines.

Jwalin patted her hair lovingly and grabbed his car keys, and in the next minute, he was out of the house.

...

Oberoi Mansion

Jwalin sat on the sofa cross-legged while a stoic expression danced on his face, but he was eerily calm, which was making Ananya annoyed.

Without wasting another second, Ananya took out the white envelope and started waving it in front of Jwalin's face, while a sick smile was plastered on her face, "Jwalin, what do think of your dearest wife?"

Hearing her honey-coated voice, Jwalin's face turned even darker but he didn't utter a word, except raise his brows and observe her gestures.

That certainly ticked Ananya even more and she again started with her rant, "I heard you're taking very good care of her. Is she really worth it?"

"Are you sure she isn't like your ex?" Ananya threw another question while flipping her hair annoyingly, but Jwalin remained silent. However the veins on his forehead kept popping up and for a second, slight fear danced on Ananya's face.

"At least Brinda had some class but she still cheated on you. What about Pravani? She's just an ordinary girl from the slums, who is after your money!"

With each passing second, Jwalin was becoming more and more silent and the silence appeared as if it was a calm before the storm.