CH | 60

Outside the Oberoi Mansion

Jwalin and Pranavi stood hand in hand when Pranavi tilted her head and looked at him, while her palms were slightly sweating with the anxiety that was building up in the pit of her stomach.

"Relax, wifey. With me by your side, they wouldn't dare to cause you much trouble." Jwalin said when he stroked her hair, and she nodded while her lips were still pursed.

With his affirmation, she decided to push all her unnecessary thoughts aside and brushed her hair while putting on a brave front on her face with her head held high, and he smirked, pleased with her pretense.

By the time they stepped into the living room of the Oberoi mansion, she couldn't see a soul and blinked her eyes, when Jwalin muttered sensing her confusion, "They were in the dining hall."

Before she could ask any further, he added, "Deepak messaged me just now."

"Alright. Let's go there then." Pranavi mumbled and he led the way with his hand resting on her tiny waist.

As the clicking sound of heels could be heard from outside of the calm dining hall, which was filled with all the family members of the Oberoi's, they held their breaths since they all knew who were going to enter!

When the door opened, almost instantly her eyes landed on the old man seated in the main chair of the table.

For a brief second, her amber pools came into contact with the old man's stern gaze filled with displeasure, she involuntarily held Jwalin's hand tightly, and he squeezed her hands in return to give her the comfort she needed.

Noticing the intimate gesture of the couple, some of the members felt happy, while Ananya sneered, waiting to see a good show.

On the other hand, Tushar raised his brow and remained calm.

Sensing the tense atmosphere, Jwalin greeted calmly, while his face was cold, "Grandfather."

The old man nodded and gestured with his hands to sit on the chair beside him, "Come here."

Jwalin's gaze narrowed, but he strode forward with Pranavi, and she greeted, politely, although her insides were screaming in terror with the aura emanating from the old man, "Hello, Grandfather."

The old man didn't even acknowledge her and averted his gaze, leaving Pranavi embarrassed, and she didn't know what to do to reduce the awkwardness and decided to just be silent.

When finally they neared the old man, Jwalin occupied the seat right after him as he was the beloved grandson he raised.

But when Pranavi was about to get seated beside Jwalin, Nishita suddenly came into the room, and the old man stated, "You were not allowed to sit here."

With that, he spoke signaling with his fingers, "Take this seat, Nishitha."

Pleased with the turn of events, she bashfully occupied the seat when Pranavi stood there with her hands clasped together and bit her inner cheek to control the anxiety in her insides.

Jwalin, who saw what happened, clenched his fists tightly until his knuckles turned white, and his cold face suddenly turned extremely frosty that the people in the room felt chills down their spine.

As if the temperature had dropped suddenly, Jwalin's cold voice rang in the silent hall, while people held their breaths, sensing the unusual tension, "Nishitha, get up and occupy the seat on the left side on the other end."

Understanding how serious his tone was, Nishitha wouldn't dare to delay it as she knew how dangerous provoking Jwalin Oberoi openly would be!

But when she was about to stand up, the old man calmly stated, but his voice held an invisible command, "You weren't allowed to leave this chair."