CH | 6

Leaning on a window in their living room, Pranavi tried to get a grip on her thoughts and asked, "What is this, uncle? How can you fix my marriage without my consent?" Pranavi couldn't keep calm anymore and fired her questions.

Dheeraj shook his head, "come here, Pranavi."

Standing in front of him, she was expecting answers from him. But little did she know, she would get convinced one way or the other.

He asked in a calm tone, "Don't you know who they are?"

"No, Uncle!" She said bluntly, though she had heard of the Oberoi family and Oberoi Entreprises.

Dheeraj sighed, knowing the time had come for him to answer her. "He's the second son of the Oberoi family. The President of Oberoi Entreprises."

Her jaw dropped at the revelation. "So, this means he's really the Jwalin Oberoi!"

With narrowed eyes, she questioned in puzzlement, "But why did he agree to marry me?"

Hearing the question to which Dheeraj himself didn't have a definite answer, he decided to say what he knew. "His father, Tushar Oberoi, approached me with this marriage proposal. I don't know why Jwalin Oberoi agreed." Her father shrugged.

Listening to that, she pondered but couldn't remember anything and questioned, "His father?" Brushing her neck, she murmured, "Tushar Oberoi?"

Dheeraj nodded and Pranavi raised her brow in confusion, "but I never met him. How could he know me?"

Dheeraj stared at the dazed Pranavi with heartache, "He saw you at your university, it seems."

Pranavi was stunned to hear that. "What? At my university? But how can he possibly know me and come here? Moreover, making me his daughter-in-law? That's absurd!"

Even Dheeraj also felt the same, but could he go against the power and temptations Tushar showed him? No!

In fact, never in this life! So, reluctantly, he agreed to Tushar.

Thinking about it, his heart felt pain for Pranavi, but he kept on a relaxed look and answered, "I don't know all the details, Pranavi."

"Then why did you agree? You didn't even ask me once!" Pranavi wanted to yell, but she couldn't. Especially not on Dheeraj when she knew who he was and how he took her into his family!

Dheeraj felt miserable hearing that. He would be at least a bit less sad if Pranavi shouted at him and demanded him to cancel this arrangement. But he knew she would never do that, not to him at least!

All he did was take her in when she was on the streets and she never disappointed him all those years.

It didn't matter how much trouble his wife and daughter had caused her, she never complained to him. That's how loyal that girl was!

"It's for your best, Pranavi." He could only say that and hope for that to happen for real.

"Uh!" Pranavi took a deep breath, her lips thinned, "But why me? I'm just not convinced!" This wasn't making any sense to her.

Leaving without choice, he blurted out in the most pleasing way, "Tushar Oberoi said that he saw you first at your IIM College, while you were giving a seminar."

Observing the expressions on Pranavi's face, Dheeraj continued, "Tushar was really impressed with your skills and inquired about you, and it turned out everything was good. So he decided that he only wants you as his daughter-in-law."

Pranavi folded her lips while tapping her foot, "Is it this simple?" Her thoughts were running wild but she couldn't express them openly and Dheeraj nodded.