CH | 68

Dedicated to my lovely readers Bhavyasingh898, CocoCandy2007, _Arya18_, advika46

Triple update guys. Not gonna leave you hanging...
Enjoy!

...

Stunned, Pranavi rooted onto her spot and clasped her hand to stop it from trembling, while his words reverberated in her mind, "I'm against you being Jwalin's wife!"

She could not help but ask while her lower lip quivered, "Why?"

Her voice was so soft there was a slight quiver in it and if he wasn't paying his full attention to her, he might not even hear it!

"Don't you know it already?" The old man retorted when she shook her head.

Eyeing her from head to toe, the old man opened his mouth, "Should I need to answer you? Who are you to even question me?"

Hearing his remarks, she felt a chill but she knew she should stand up for her and answered firmly, "I'm Jwalin's legal wife. Of course, I should know why I should leave him?"

With a slight pause, she murmured, "If I don't even know the reason behind it, how can I ever solve it?"

Staring at his cold face, she gathered her courage and retorted, "I'm sorry, grandfather. But as long as Jwalin didn't give up on me, I would never leave him! He is my husband, and he will be my husband!"

Seeing the audacity of Pranavi, he was taken aback because she appeared weak and he thought he could easily scare her and drive her away, but when she displayed her courage, for a moment he was at a loss for words.

But as Jwalin's grandfather, he knew what was important, and moreover, he believed Pranavi was a disaster in Jwalin's life.

So, there was no way he could accept her and see the grandson he raised all these years collapse!

With that thought, he answered, "Don't you know what situation Jwalin was in?"

Hearing his question, she gazed at him with narrowed eyes, unable to understand what he was hinting at, and shook her head, when the old man chuckled, "It seems my grandson hadn't allowed you into his world completely!"

When she understood the meaning behind his words, she felt a sharp pain in her heart as she too felt the same hours ago. But it was different when someone pointed at her and she pursed her lips.

Seeing the resolute look on her face, the old man muttered, "Did you think the Oberoi Group belongs to only Jwalin? Or did you think there was no competition?"

Dumbfounded, she eyed him while she was lost in thought as she was not aware of their matters because she was never interested in the company's affairs.

But when the old man talked about Jwalin's position, she bit her lip when the old man continued, "Did you think Jathin, Deepak, and Mahavir won't snatch the position from Jwalin when they had more power than Jwalin?"

With a light pause, he added when she was trying to understand all of his words, "Right now, Jathin was focusing on politics, and there was no guarantee when he would quit it and jump into Business. Then what would Jwalin do? What could guarantee Jwalin's position?"

Hearing his words, her face paled when he added in a menacing tone, "Deepak was looking after hospitals. But he would marry one of the wealthy businessman's daughter as the news of his engagement would soon come out. Then wouldn't he have more control and power than Jwalin?"

"Deepak can get the support from his in-laws, but what can Jwalin get?"

With a slight pause, he continued while observing the flickering emotions on her face, "Tushar was always favored on Mahavir. So, when Mahavir wanted to take the position, wouldn't Tushar agree to it? Then what could support Jwalin to maintain his strength and prevent that from happening?"