CH | 102

After they all enjoyed their heart's content in the Bahamas, everything was back to normal in Mumbai.

And the day finally came when Pranavi and Jwalin, were going to the hospital to see the test results in a few hours.

Eyeing at the time by turning his mobile on, he scowled, "It was 3 o'clock?"

Hearing his words, Pranavi lifted her head in puzzlement and peeked her head out from the quilt, when he sighed and closed his eyes shut to get a grip on his thoughts.

But sleep was the last thing on both of their minds as the anxiety was eating them alive!

As soon as Deepak called the other night and scheduled the appointment, Pranavi was hardly sleepy, and Jwalin was no different because he didn't know what he was going to hear in the hospital, and the unknown fear building up in his heart made him tense.

But there was no way in hell he was going to let Pranavi see that and make her worry even more than needed, and he somehow persuaded Pranavi to close her eyes and let herself relax for at least a couple of hours.

Listening to him, Pranavi snuggled closer to himself, and he involuntarily wrapped his arms around her and pulled her undeniably closer to him, while his jaw was slightly tensed as if he was afraid that she would vanish into thin air if he didn't hold her tightly in his embrace.

Slowly, while taking a whiff of his calming fragrance, she closed her eyes, but Jwalin couldn't. 

It didn't matter how hard he tried to even take a short nap, but in the end, he failed miserably. 

He didn't know when was the last time he was this stressed, probably when his mother left Jathin and him to the Oberoi's!

Having nothing else to do because he couldn't concentrate on any damn thing, he leaned his head onto the headrest while his body was under the quilt, and Pranavi buried her head on his chest while his rhythmic heartbeat soothed her worries.

When the clock hit 6 o'clock, he carefully stepped out of bed and splashed cold water onto his face, while his eyes were slightly red from the lack of sleep, but that didn't even bother him in the least as the matter regarding Pranavi consumed him.

From the looks of the doctors, he was certain things wouldn't be too good for Pranavi, but he didn't know what it was about, and that was what troubled him the most. Yet he was trying to calm himself down in the best way possible and decided to head to the gym to release some steam from his body.

Without any delay, he wore boxing gloves and began hitting the punching bag, but it didn't reduce his worries in the least. With a huff, he took the heavyweights and did the lifting, but the result was the same.

An hour passed by doing all the things he could in the gym, and except for sweating profusely, nothing changed, which irritated him even more.

By the time he walked back to their room, Pranavi was already up, and the sound of water running from the bathroom could be heard and without any doubt, he knew Pranavi was struggling as he did.

His usual cold face was still cold, but the tinges of uneasiness were visible in them as he leaned onto the sprawled glass and took a few deep breaths.

In the next second, he decided to join the shower with her, hoping that could definitely calm them both.

When his palm touched the door, it opened, and he smirked, knowing she didn't lock it as it was becoming a habit for the both of them. He instantly slipped off from his pants and strode into the water without making any sound.

His eyes darkened when he took in the beautiful frame of his wife, with her eyes closed while the slightly hot water was dripping from her nose to her plump lips, down to her chin, and to her cleavage.