CH | 15

Wishing you and your family a very very happy Ugadi/ Happy Indian New Year!!

***

Pranavi stood aside while the blazing sun was scorching her soft skin. Glancing at her watch, it showed 02:15 Pm.

"Still 45 minutes left," With a sigh, she started strolling the busy streets while her mind wandered as she glanced at the message again, "Tuscany?"

Her mouth agape, she almost screamed, "Shit! It's Tuscany?"

"Freaking Tuscany!!" She muttered under her breath while her brown eyes went wide in realization.

"God! I'm screwed!" She patted her hand on her chest in panic.

Biting her plump lips, Pranavi mumbled in annoyance, "We couldn't afford the bill there."

Reminiscing her previous experience in Tuscany, she facepalmed herself, "It's a freaking luxurious hotel for heaven's sake."

Pranavi scratched her neck in irritation, her face scrunched, "What the fuck was wrong with you, Shreya?"

"Why did you choose Tuscany instead of any of the places we could afford?" Pranavi shook her head in anger while her fists clenched.

With a huff, she walked in the restaurant's direction while her thoughts were clouded by Jwalin.

Her tiny hand involuntarily searched for her nuptial chain when it hit her that she had removed it earlier.

Squinting her eyes, she pondered, "Would he mind that I took off the nuptial chain?"

"Why would he when he loathes you, you fool!" Her subconscious mocked her.

"Ugh. You never cease to annoy me, do you? But you're correct, though." Pranavi sighed as sorrow consumed her.

The question kept bothering her over the years, "Why did I always end up like this?"

Staring at the bright sky, she couldn't help but ask, "What did I do to deserve this kind of life?"

Suddenly, she heard the voices that she had been trying so hard to shut off over the years in full force, "Don't you know what you did?"

Hearing that, her face paled, "You're a sinner, and Sinners never deserve happiness."

Tears welled in her eyes, and she was becoming hysteric while shaking her head in denial, "no, no. I'm not!"

"Yes, you were a sinner, you are a sinner, and you will be a sinner all your life!"

"I didn't do anything." Pranavi shut her eyes as piercing pain throbbed in her head.

"You did it. You were the reason for their misery."

"I could never do that!" She almost screamed at herself, but her voice was barely audible to even her.

Her throat dried as if her supply of oxygen was cut off as the voices became louder and were disturbing her sanity.

"It's because of you they ended up like that."

Pranavi became numb, her nails were digging into her flesh as if that would divert her attention from these haunting voices, but she was so wrong!

"You were the destroyer!"

A mocking laugh combined with an accusing tone roared, "Do you want to be happy? After all the things you did?"

A shrill voice yelled at her, "That's impossible, Pranavi. Come out of pretense and accept your reality."