CH | 33

Pranavi wrapped her arms around her as the chilly breeze hit her in the night sky. Her wavy hair was flowing freely with the wind, and she was swaying her hips loosely while humming the song.

Her steps were faltering, but she didn't care. The pounding ache in her head hadn't subsided yet, but she wanted to roam, feel herself, and be at peace despite all the tormenting things in her mind.

Apparently, she was more of a night person, and with the light booze, she was trying to enjoy herself.

Soon, Ashok came to Jwalin while his forehead was sweating in fright, and called in a careful tone, "Mr. Oberoi."

Jwalin raised his brows and glanced at him, " Yes?"

"Mrs. Oberoi said she won't come." Ashok blurted in one breath while licking his lips in anxiety.

Hearing that, the peaceful look in Jwalin's eyes was gone, and his deep gaze narrowed. His lips pressed into a thin line, and he queried in a stern tone, "What did she say?"

Ashok opened his mouth, but he didn't know how to say it without causing much damage to Pranavi. Shaking his head, he decided to go with the truth. "Mrs. Oberoi said, you hate her, so she wouldn't believe my words and said she won't come with me."

Listening to that, his hands clenched into fists, and his chiseled jaw ticked, he cursed inwardly, "damn, this stupid girl."

When he raised his head, he saw her silhouette going in the opposite direction of his car. With a huff, he said to the driver, "Catch up with her."

He was eyeing her tumbling steps and shook his head while cursing himself for the situation he was in.

But he knew he should be responsible for her. Moreover, he knew she was drunk, and how could he leave her alone on the streets when she was looking so adorable to him?

Finally, the car halted across Pranavi, making her gaze at the car warily. With a gulp, she decided to walk away, but Jwalin stepped out of the car in his tall glory and held her hand from her back.

Stunned in her tracks, her eyes went wide, and when she tilted her head, she saw Jwalin and her body was visibly relaxed.

Though she was baffled by his presence, she didn't show it on her face, as his cologne calmed her nerves, and she eyed him without speaking a word, making him annoyed.

"Get in." He said, finally averting his gaze from her amber pools and strode to the other side, but she stood still.

Seeing that, his temper flared, and he said in his edged, low-pitched tone, "I said get in, Pranavi."

She heard him clearly, but she didn't want to go with him. At least not without an apology after what he had done to her.

With that, she decided not to give in and peeped at him without moving. Staring at her, Jwalin rubbed his stubble in irritation with his eyes closed shut as if to control his rage.

A disgruntled sigh escaped his lips, and he walked to her. Peeped at her tiny figure, he bent his head down, and his knuckles tucked her hair behind her ear, and her breath hitched as a shiver ran down her spine with the proximity.

His warm breath hitting her nape made her squirm, and her cheeks flushed red.

Gazing at her gasping mouth, he added with a smirk, "don't make a scene here, babygirl."

Listening to his magnetic tone, she squinted with a gulp, and he continued when his grip landed on her curvy waist, making her cheeks go crimson red.

His grip was neither tight nor soft, but he held her firmly in his arms, "don't provoke me when I'm being nice, wifey."