CH | 119

Super long chapter lovelies. Have fun...

I want a good number of comments and votes. Or else I'd be disappointed...

...

Jwalin's gaze turned pitch black as he listened to Brinda's cries, but he didn't say a word and this was beginning to stress Brinda more than she'd like.

Abruptly, when she raised her head, her watery eyes met with his obsidian pools which looked as if he would burn her alive and she immediately wiped her tears using the back of her hands and muttered, "Sorry."

But his gaze didn't waver nor did his expression soften. In fact, it kept worsening, and she didn't know what was she doing wrong.

Because according to what she knew about Jwalin, he should have come to her by now.

But that didn't happen and his aura turned gloomy with each passing second, increasing the tension in the atmosphere, and successfully keeping her on edge.

"Jwalin, If I say that I'm not at fault on that day, would you believe me?" Brinda asked gathering her courage, hoping she would get to hear a yes, but he was caught off guard hearing that and his eyes flickered with unknown emotions.

And for a second, she thought it was working!

But in the next second, everything went back to normal, and his thin lips pursed together while he gritted his teeth and lit a cigarette to calm himself down.

He twirled the cigar in his hands and lazily took a puff of it and let the smoke out while his face was covered in the dense waves of smoke, he uttered firmly, "No."

Hearing his words, her jaw dropped in shock and she stared at him as if he had grown two heads and the unfamiliarity in him was driving her insane.

Yet, one look at how handsome and charming he had become, she sucked the unhappiness in her heart and pretended to be not so hurt, because judging from his expressions, he was deliberately trying to hurt her with his sharp words and she couldn't possibly give him the satisfaction, although it stuck a soft spot in her insides.

"Jwalin, what I said is the truth! I...I'm innocent!" Brinda exclaimed hurriedly when he sneered in disgust, while his gaze was focused on the dark night.

His lips crooked upwards, giving off a wretched smile that scared the shit out of her, but she stood there firmly.

When his deep black eyes finally landed on her after what felt like an eternity, she felt as if a shiver ran down her spine, and she felt as if she was literally on her toes in his presence.

That was when she realized, this side of Jwalin wasn't one to be provoked with!

"You're innocent?" He scoffed at her while his face turned so cold that it chilled her insides and his voice was so deep that gave goosebumps on her pale skin.

Almost immediately, she nodded when he stared at her as if trying to gauze what she was up to when she added with her head bent down, "I wanted to say it for a long time, but I didn't get the chance to."

"Heh." He mocked her and stated word for word, "How come you're innocent when I clearly saw you and Yaksh having passionate sex."

As soon as words escaped his mouth, all color drained her face and it appeared as white as a sheet of paper, and she gripped her hands into tight fists while her free hair fell down to her eyes, covering her watery eyes, making her appear even more miserable.

But he didn't waver in the least and added in a menacing tone, "Do you think you can deceive me or I'd believe whatever nonsense you sprout?"

His words were so sharp that cut her heart into pieces and she felt unbearable pain in her chest and murmured, "I'd never deceive you, Jwalin."