CH | 136

Longest chapter I've written so far Lovelies...

Enjoy...

Just finished writing... Let me know how it turned out.

...

Jwalin clenched his fists while his gaze turned so cold that chilled the people in the room. His face looked unreadable while his aura turned scary and Jathin and Tushar couldn't help but stay silent.

Pranavi didn't want to see Jwalin this way and hesitantly held his hand in her tiny palms pulling him out from his reverie. Seeing her expression, Jwalin's pitch-black eyes turned a little soft while he squeezed her hand in return to give her the comfort she needed.

Jwalin turned to Tushr and Jathin and spat the words that had been eating him alive from the moment he heard the words from his grandfather, "He's not fond of Pranavi which we all know. But he crossed his limits by not knowing how to treat my wife."

He eyed Pranavi from the corner of his eyes and narrated while his tone turned bone-chilling cold, "The old man said her presence itself is a disaster. She's a bane to us."

"What?" Tushar and Jathin yelled in unison when Jwalin nodded while taking note of Pranavi's expressions as he knew she must be hurting. 

Jwalin continued, and with each word he was uttering the urge to destroy the old man kept increasing, "The old man also said, She's an orphan who didn't even know her origins! How can she be the Oberoi's daughter-in-law and sit beside me as my wife?"

Tushar's face turned cold while rage occupied his insides and he stated firmly while he glanced at Pranavi, "Don't mind his words Pranavi. I'm giving you my word, you are my daughter-in-law. The wife of my son! Nobody can change this fact."

Pranavi barely nodded in return and her face turned pale as Ranveer's words reverberated in her ears, forcing her to reminisce the hurtful memory. 

Jwalin said softly afraid he might break her but the edge in his tone wasn't missed by anyone. He knew he needed to say these to Jathin and Tushar as this was not a small matter anymore after he realized how dangerous his grandfather was to his mother and father. He couldn't risk it and spat, "The old man humiliated her by saying, Who knows what disgusting family she is from? Who knows how tainted her blood is?"

As soon as Jwalin finished his words, Jathin fisted his hands while his usual cold and calm face now looked seething in fury. He muttered each word angrily, "How dare he talk that way to Sister-in-law?" 

Jathin turned to Pranavi who didn't look good, and said earnestly, "Don't worry, Sister-in-law. We'll avenge you. For his every hurtful word, we'll hurt him tenfold worse if not more."

Tushar nodded and added while he moved to Pranavi and patted her hair in a fatherly way, "Yes, Pranavi. You're like a daughter to me. I won't let you suffer in his hands."

Pranavi was startled but managed to give a soft smile and Jwalin sighed as he understood she was close to breaking down with all that happened, but bracing herself.

They then heard the sound of a car and saw Deepak walking in. His face didn't look good and he looked as if he had a lot on his mind and silently occupied the sofa. 

Seeing the silent room, Deepak queried with a frown on his face, "Did I disturb anything?"

Jwalin shook his head, "what happened to you?"

Deepak didn't speak for a while and Jathin and Pranavi noticed something was wrong with Deepak too. Tushar remained silent as he wasn't very talkative to begin with when Deepak spoke, his tone calm yet there was a lacing hidden pain that suffocated them, "I just don't want to be alone today."