CH | 103

"I had memory loss?" Pranavi muttered under her breath, but the statement turned out to be a question for herself because she couldn't believe what she had heard. 

Her hands balled into fists and her lips were pressed together tightly, as she was trying to control the lingering fear that was threatening to come out and show it on her face.

The doctor's words reverberated in her ears as she didn't understand what was going on with her because if she had no memories of her childhood, then why was she reliving the past memories all these years?

Why was she hearing things and feeling as if they were real?

Why was the pain she felt whenever she had those dreams so surreal?

The contractions in her chest, the numbness her heart had, the tremor in her body as if it was rooted deeply in her very bones, they weren't fake!

She knew they weren't fake! Then what was the doctor saying?

Is she wrong or the assessment was incorrect?

But what if what the doctor had said is the fact?

That means, all these years whatever she felt was unreal! And she didn't even know who she is?

With all the thoughts swarming in her mind, her face turned utterly pale and the fear that her existence wasn't real drove her insane and the anxiety in her body rose to its peak.

Jwalin calmly observed the changing emotions on her face from his peripheral vision and only he knew how much he was hurting upon seeing her like this.

And his brows were knitted, while he clenched his jaw to brace himself as he made himself prepared for whatever he was going to hear next.

"Did you have any accident, Sister-in-law?" Deepak queried in his professional tone. Although he knew what was happening to her, he should make sure their judgment was correct and when it was related to the brain, anything could happen, wasn't it?

Hearing his question, Pranavai came back from her daze and her lower lip trembled when she tried to answer it, because if it was before she heard the doctor's words, then she could say 'yes' definitely, but not anymore!

With that, she bit her lips while her eyelashes fluttered furiously and she murmured in her quivering tone, "I don't know."

Listening to her words, Jwalin felt a lump in his throat because he understood what Pranavi was feeling exactly and there was nothing he could do to reduce her pain, which pained him even more.

Because he can just silently accompany her in her miseries, but he can hardly reduce the pain she was feeling in the depths of her heart.

Deepak pondered for a second and asked, "Were you aware of it? Like any scars on your head or something?"

After a slight pause, Pranavi began thinking and her hand involuntarily pressed the back of her head and mumbled, "Yes. I do have them."

"Can you tell us where you have them?" Deepak enquired when Pranavi said instantly, "on the back."

"Perfect." Mr. Hunter jumped in and he gave Deepak a look that left Jwalin and Pranavi in even more confusion, but Mr. Hunter opened his mouth and answered, "We can conclude that Mrs. Oberoi had memory loss because of that."

"What I can say is she might have been strongly hit by something on her head which resulted in brain surgery and caused her amnesia." The doctor stated and he pulled out the scan copy and showed it to Jwalin and Pranavi while he explained the details.

Seeing that, Pranavi didn't know how to react to it and just nodded mindlessly while Jwalin grasped her hands in his and squeezed them gently, trying to give her the comfort she needed.