CH | 72

"Jwalin, Please leave! I don't want to see you." Pranavi spat with disgust when she eyed him, and she shook his hands that were holding her making him clench his jaw as he had never seen her behave like that with him.

Her eyes were so cold and emotionless as she had successfully built an invisible wall to not show her weakness in front of him.

The disgust that was threatening to come from her eyes made him freeze and his heart ached since it hurt him. A lot. More than he'd like to admit...

Because he never wanted her to see him in such a way!

As he was a proud and arrogant man, he was used to people bending their heads in front of him and fawning over him, but even then, he never spared another glance at them.

But for Pranavi, he was willing to put his pride and ego aside and decided to bear with her insults, still, it stung, yet he put on a gentle expression on his face.

His onyx pools were gazing at her with rare tenderness and he moved forward to her and rubbed her head, and his low magnetic voice reverberated across her ears, "Babygirl, relax. We can have a good talk after you have recovered. Hmm?"

Hearing his words, all her grievances came back in full force, and her body trembled in anger as she reminisced he held another woman in his embrace and his gaze was the same.

Well, maybe a bit less gentle!

But still, the thought of having another woman with him in her place was like a slap of reality to her and she was determined to get away from his life.

She, Pranavi Mehta, was never a person to let her pride go and shamelessly hang around a man who didn't have any regard for her!

She knew cutting him off from her life would hurt her more than she could take, but if she was with him, then she would be even more depressed whenever she remembered he was having an affair with another woman.

Moreover, in her eyes, Jwalin was a very good man and the best husband she could ever ask for, even more than she deserved, and she believed he would never lie, yet when she saw the video, she understood everything he said and did to her was a lie!

Well, what else can she expect?

Love?

Can she really experience love and a life of bliss with Jwalin?

Who was Jwalin Oberoi? A man at its pinnacle, for whom everyone would bow their heads.

And here she was nothing but an ordinary girl, still studying her master's degree.

She was not a stunning beauty, nor did she have a background.

So, she knew she didn't stand a chance when it came to Jwalin, but still, she greedily wanted to receive his warmth and hoped to have that forever.

And see what her greed had resulted in?

Betrayal? Hurt? Anger? Heartbreak?

Whatever the emotion she was feeling, she knew she could get up again because she wasn't a pampered girl from as far as she could remember, and she had already seen and faced the worst in her life.

So, getting away from Jwalin and becoming a divorcee wouldn't be such a big deal to her.

Or at least that was what she was saying to herself, hoping her heart would listen and calm the fuck down!

Moreover, after being with Jwalin and loving him, she had no courage to even look at another man and think of love.

If at all, she was divorced, then she would stay single for the rest of her life, and she was determined on that.