CH | 104

As soon as Pranavi heard Jwalin's question, a sliver of hope rose in her heart, and she perked up her ears giving her full attention to the doctor, while her eyes focused on Mr.Hunter trying to take in his every expression.

But all her hopes died down when the doctor didn't speak for a few minutes, and neither did Deepak. She didn't know how to take it anymore, and the panic rushed back in full force as the question never left her mind, "Who am I?"

Jwalin was as hard as a rock with no expression on his face, and his eyes were so cold while he stared at Deepak and the doctor, and occasionally squeezed Pranavi's hands in his hold, offering his silent support to her.

After contemplating their thoughts for a while, Deepak and Mr.Hunter exchanged glances, and their expressions weren't exactly good which made all the expectations in Jwalin's heart crumble, but he didn't let it show on his face.

Finally, Mr. Hunter cleared his throat and eyed Pranavi while he took a deep breath and stated while he interlocked his both hands and placed them on the table, "I can't certainly say that we can wipe her fake memories."

That was it for Pranavi as she bent her head down and her eyes settled on her lap as she struggled to not let the tears fall and bit her inner cheek to let the wails die in her throat, while Jwalin remained silent for a minute, trying to grasp the doctor's words while a frown danced on his face.

However, after a while, he queried in his firm tone, "What do you mean by 'certainly'?"

Mr.Hunter licked his lips and gazed at Jwalin as he said the words, "To be honest, what happened to Mrs. Oberoi is like this, her memories were stored in a room that was locked, and then the key was thrown away, while there wasn't another key to open it up."

With a slight pause, he added, "In fact, there wouldn't be any other key to open it up unless the same person who had the lock came into the picture."

Hearing his words, Pranavi was even more disappointed because he practically declared there was no way to regain her memories.

Well, unless the man who did this to her was found out.

But how can it be so easy after all these years when she didn't even know who she was in the first place?

On what basis can they perform their search when she doesn't even know her origins?

On the other hand, Jwalin released a sigh he didn't know he was holding and he shut his eyes trying to sink the information into his mind while thinking of other possibilities.

Eyeing Jwalin and Pranavi, Deepak felt troubled because as their family member, he knew how they must be feeling and how tormented they both must be to hear such an outcome.

With that, he contemplated for a while and muttered calmly, "But, it's not impossible!"

As soon as words escaped Deepak's mind, Jwalin opened his eyes and Pranavi lifted her head, while their focus was entirely settled on him and Mr.Hunter gave a helpless sigh.

And even after a whole minute, Deepak didn't utter anything and Jwalin couldn't bear the silence anymore and said, "Explain it clearly," while his hawk-like eyes fixated on him.

"We can use some powerful medication and various psychological treatments on Sister-in-law, and it would gradually weaken her hypnosis and slowly she will regain her memories." Deepak declared solemnly, but his face didn't even have the slightest happiness.

And that bothered Jwalin because he knew Deepak well, and as if his guess was correct, Deepak trailed off, "There is a recent medication which hasn't been released yet in the market. It was developed by Mr. Hunter. That can be used along with a mix of some other dosages. But..."