CH | 61

My lovelies,
My happiness has no bounds and here's a surprise update, as we hit 10k reads and ranked #1 in cold❤️❤️
Our Jwalin really did justice!
Looking forward to hitting 25k reads soon.
It's only possible because of you guys,
Thank you so much for your love❤️
Enjoy...

...

When the old man heard Ananya's words, it was like oil pouring into the fire, encouraging the old man's flames to burn Pranavi.

Tushar, who was calm till then suddenly gave a warning glare at Ananya and chimed in, "don't talk rubbish, Ananya. There was no need for you to meddle. Let father and Jwalin talk."

Sensing the furiousness in Tushar's tone, Ananya swallowed the rest of her words, while a smirk was settled on her face since she knew she had successfully infuriated both Jwalin and the Old man while using Pranavi.

Anyhow, she always wanted to destroy the relationship between the old man and Jwalin, and when she finally got a chance to do that, why would she let it slip away?

To top it off, she could kill two birds with one stone without any special efforts, and with that thought, she sneered in her heart.

Pranavi, who was stunned, suddenly realized the depths of the issues between them as she noticed the look of hatred Ananya was giving at Jwalin.

With that, a look of determination flashed across her eyes to not let Jwalin suffer in the name of her as she clearly understood what Ananya was trying to do here.

Inhaling a chunk of air, she raised her eyes and glanced at Jwalin with swirling thoughts.

Sensing her gaze, he met her amber pools, and he blinked as if he comprehended that she realized what was going on, and he smirked in a tacit approval for what she intended to do.

With that, Pranavi was relieved and turned to Ananya with a sharp gaze, "Mom, I'm sorry if I had disappointed you as a daughter-in-law, but Jwalin and I knew exactly what we were doing."

As the words escaped her mouth, all of them eyed her in shock and she continued as if it didn't bother her, "Since Jwalin was the head of the Oberoi's now, naturally I am willing to carry the responsibility of the Oberoi's as his wife."

With her hands clenched into fists, she uttered, "though I'm not fully aware of the affairs of the Oberoi's and I know I'm not fully experienced, but I'm looking forward to learning them from you so I can be a good daughter-in-law."

And she added firmly while eyeing the awestruck expressions of the family members, "Although you don't have trust in my words, you all knew how capable Jwalin is. Since Jwalin had already acknowledged me with that, there was no need for you to have any suspicions."

After she finished her words, the hall turned dead silent while Jwalin had a sly smirk dancing on his face as he mused, "not bad. My doting on you hadn't gone to waste!"

Seeing no response from Ananya, Pranavi decided to push her further, "Or, were you questioning Jwalin's abilities and judgment?"

When Ananya heard them, she was dumbfounded for a while because never in her dreams she had thought of Pranavi as a woman with a sharp tongue.

But here, Pranavi had successfully shut her up with no way to rebuke her since Tushar wouldn't let it go easily if she had said something now, because she knew Jwalin was everything to this family.

And she wouldn't dare to talk nonsense about Jwalin in front of the Old man and Tushar!

Because she knew if she let a word escape from her mouth against Jwalin, then the consequences would be dire for her!